Visual Texts (1 Viewer)

2006istheyear

HSC
Hey, we have an assessment due back at school and the question is "Represent your understanding of Physical Journeys a a visual text." We have to make one of the following:
collage
web page
powerpoint
model
video etc..

im just wondering if the word "visual text" means just visual.

for example, if i made a powerpoint, would every page have to have pictures, or can alot of text be involved?

thanks for any help

Last edited:

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
Hm my belief of "visual" is yea, mainly the pix, the way they r structured, colours and blah blah blah

someone correct me if i am wrong, but i think texts can b used as captions in a visual text?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
If you look at many texts they can include the caption or the by-line in the visual text, so if you have some text it should be ok but ask your teacher to be on the same said.

Welcome to BOS 2006istheyear

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
hmm is it a visual rep? if it is you just have to convey your meaning of journey practically through images. eg. for a collage you can put a picture of a road in the middle of the page and put things around it which portray aspects that will happen due to the individual embarking on the journey.

2006istheyear

HSC
yeah its just a visual representation of our understanding of physical journeys

i was thinking of doing a powerpoint where:
image where you click to enter
then a mind-map with arrows pointing to points such as 'Meaning', 'Examples' etc...which you click on and open, sorta like a little website

is that a visual representation or isnt it really??

is it just better to do a collage

thanks guys

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
2006istheyear said:
yeah its just a visual representation of our understanding of physical journeys

i was thinking of doing a powerpoint where:
image where you click to enter
then a mind-map with arrows pointing to points such as 'Meaning', 'Examples' etc...which you click on and open, sorta like a little website

is that a visual representation or isnt it really??

is it just better to do a collage

thanks guys

well practically you have to use images to convey your meaning of journey, so limit yourself when using words. and you can do a collage in powerpoint. i did that for one of my modules and got 9/10 for it. hmm can you provide a little more info on how your planning to do it and what you gonna use for like "meaning" and "examples" etc ..

Last edited:

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
although it says visual text, the words themselves can be considered visual as well --> make them bold, large/small, a different font, etc...--> that itself has visual and artistic value. it can also be used to convey irony, satire, humour, etc...by either contrasting with images or blending with the images.

so, choose your words wisely!

2006istheyear

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
well practically you have to use images to convey your meaning of journey, so limit yourself when using words. and you can do a collage in powerpoint. i did that for one of my modules and got 9/10 for it. hmm can you provide a little more info on how your planning to do it and what you gonna use for like "meaning" and "examples" etc ..
ok, i was going to have a main picture like a little intro thing you click on and then you enter a mind-map. Physical journeys is in the middle, and there are arrows to each heading. I was going to have a heading such as 'Meaning', and then explain what the meaining of a physical journey is, then have another heading 'examples' and have examples of a physical journey....i havnt completely thought it through, because i wanted to know what the actual word 'visual text' really meant before i really got into it. But i guess i should really try and find a way to just use pictures, like make a collage in powerpoint or something like you said...but how many slides should that roughly be?

omar273

Oscarwatcher
HSC
i think a powerpoint pres is okay - since it is predominantly a visual text. A film is a visual text, even though it contains a lot of language text (damn postmodern syllabus).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)