Viva voice (1 Viewer)

eza_qt

Hey i've already done my first viva voce and got 18/20...so im fairly pleased with that..ours is an interview wif techers not sure how formal it is...i think its fairly formal though the the teachers try to make it a little less formal jus to keep us relaxed. Anyone ppl wanted the questions so here they are

VIVA VOCE 1 (im paraphrasin cant find the exact questions)
1. What is your medium and why did you choose it
2. What is your idea and what has influenced you
3. How has your research influenced and/or changed your ideas
4. What are your strengths and weaknesses
5.What do you wish to achieve in ee2?
There was also impromptu questions

VIVA VOCE 2 (havent had this one yet its in 2 weeks)
1. how has your major work progressed
2.have you made any significant changes
3. have you discovered any limitations or problems with your chosen medium
4.how has your research impacted on your major work
5.Do you believe you are achieving your goals in your major work
6.What immediate and long term goals have you set for the development of your major work.
And there will be impromptu questions again

I Was wondering how people presented their Major works in their Viva Voce we hae been advised to do some form of presentation...power point etc. Has anyone got any ideas?

J

jhakka

I'm doing mine in three weeks. I'm the second last person in my class to do it. Woot.

J

jhakka

I'm doing mine in three weeks. I'm the second last person in my class to do it. Woot.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
what questions did they ask in other people's schools?

hrm, we have it in week 8, this term.

olay

HSC
ahh mines tmro....

good luck everyone :)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
some practice questions (and sorz for caps, cbb to re-type it)

WHAT PROGRESS HAVE YOU MADE TOWARDS COMPLETING YOUR MW TO THIS POINT IN TIME?

WHAT IS THE LINK BETWEEN YOUR MW AND THE ADVANCED OR EXTENSION ONE WORK YOU HAVE DONE?

HAVE YOU CHANGED THE CONCEPT OR FORM OF THE ORIGINAL PROPOSAL AND WHY?

WHAT RESEARCH HAVE YOU UDNERTAKEN AND HOW HAS IT INFORMED OR SHAPED YOUR MW?

HOW HAVE YOU USED YOUR JOURNAL? HOW HELPFUL HAS IT BEEEN IN MAKING PROGRESS WITH YOUR MW?

HOW HAS THE NATURE OF THE INTENDED AUDIENCE AND PURPOSE INFLUENCED THE LANGAGE, FORM AND FEATURES OF YOUR MW?

WHAT PROBLEMS OR DIFICULTIES HAVE YOU ENCOUTNERED AND HOW HAVE YOU DEALT WITH THEM?

WHO HAVE YOU TALKED TO ABOUT YOUR MAJOR WORK AND WHAT IMPACT HAS THIS HAD ON YOUR WORK?

WHAT ARE THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT THIGNS YOU HAVE LEARNT FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE IN THIS COURSE?

kleptomaniac

HSC
I did mine today! It's certianly a load off, and not nearly as nerve racking as I thought it would be.
Just a question, how was your panel set up?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I wanna get my mark. I *think* my VV went really well, but you never know. I could've sucked ass. I fucking hate waiting for marks. Give me my results, damnit.

Hoplite

HSC
Got 14/15......I'm psyched now!

It was good...atmosphere was relaxed, and I wasn't as nervous as I thought I'd be.

We had to do a prepared speech for about 12 mins (I just had a few points on palm cards that I elaborated on in there off the top of my head), then read a short excerpt of our MW and finally answer a series of questions (which were all based on what we'd said before) for about 8-10 mins. The questions were hard...the teachers were very perceptive and asked a few very cutting and insightful questions that I really wasn't expecting. Verbal dancing and acrobatics was needed half the time to figure out what in the hell they were asking before I got onto my answer - but obviously I pulled through.

If anyone hasn't done it yet, don't stress over it too much before hand. Go in as relaxed as possible, and make sure you know every little thing about your major work. If they ask something you have no answer to (that may focus on a tiny little nuance of your work) - say something like that's something I need to further consider, as this is still very much a work in progress etc.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
lol, well put Hoplite. Thanks for the advice.
^_^

And we already know the questions we'll be asked. :-\
1. In what ways can your investigation be described as “on going, systematic and rigorous”?
2. How have you used your investigative process journal to monitor, document and reflect on your investigation and process?
3. Explain the stages of the process of your major work.
4. How successful do you feel you have been to date in developing your concept and achieving your aims?

Any ideas/hints?
:)

Cicciolina

HSC
Mine isn't till next term during the trials, which is good since I've done about 3000 words and only 1000 is usable.
FOr us it's 20 mins with our teacher and another teacher, and they're going to give us a list of questions to give us some direction but of course they're going to spring some on us.

kapeche

had mine last friday (not yesterday) and it SUCKED so much!!! got such a crap mark! argh

is everyone's like a casual interview?? coz ours was meant to be really "sophisticated" - they told us to speak really well and like an academic etc etc... so bad!

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Ours was casual. I thought I went really well, until i got my mark back. I'm hoping it's just my teacher, should ask the other ex-4u teacher what he thinks.

Hoplite

HSC
Watch out for suprises.

We were given a sheet of possible questions we might be asked, with the instructions that we would be asked a certain amount of those questions (i.e, those questions and those questions only).....in the end none of us were asked any of the questions we'd been anticipating and were all shocked when the teachers began disecting our major works with any criticisms they could find.

Also, if you can...crack a joke or two - show your personality. I mean seriously, it's a 20 minute speech/discussion. If I was marking and had to sit through a 20 minute yawn fest, with someone speaking in a boring monologue, shaking like a leaf and showing the personality of a lobotomised door handle I wouldn't be too happy about it.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by Orange Council
lol, well put Hoplite. Thanks for the advice.
^_^

And we already know the questions we'll be asked. :-\
1. In what ways can your investigation be described as “on going, systematic and rigorous”?
2. How have you used your investigative process journal to monitor, document and reflect on your investigation and process?
3. Explain the stages of the process of your major work.
4. How successful do you feel you have been to date in developing your concept and achieving your aims?

Any ideas/hints?
:)

okay, what i would do is write down each question at the top of a page in your journal... leave a page or two for writing... and write down ideas about what the questions asking, ie for the second one, write in dot points how you've used your journal and how it's helped the process... it's better to have the ideas there in front of you during the vv, but be able to transition smoothly from one idea to another, because if yours is anything like mine, you won't get asked exactly those questions, but some questions will lead to information that you wrote down as answers for the prep questions... does that make sense?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)