Von Dutch no more (1 Viewer)

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Apparently Von Dutch isn't going to sell any of their stuff in Australia anymore because there are too many fakes which are killing their sales. This is good, hopefully they get the idea that their stuff is overpriced crap which not many people are willing to pay for, hence they get the fakes. I can't stand overpriced designer stuff, especially since they're just ripping people off with prestige pricing so I'm glad to see them go.

HSC
nekkid said:
haha good one. too good to be true.
Actually, fyi, somehow some dodgy company managed to register 'Von Dutch' in Australia before Von Dutch did.

So all those dodgy 'fakes' aren't legally fake and the police can't fine people for selling shitty caps for $20 in Paddy's Markets.

Lennie

haha about time! :uhhuh: :D
The trucker hats were interesting enough when they first came out and only a few people had them... but gradually, as every man and his dog started to wear them... von dutch went more downhill then ever before...
Do people not realise that the jeans and skirts, drowned in brightly coloured 'von dutch' clutter, look horrible!?!
seriously, i wouldnt be inclined to spend hundreds of dollars on the original brand, just as i wouldnt waste my money on buying a fake, even if they retail at $3 a piece at the markets...

MouNtY

yeah i never did get the whole "worldwide" von dutch craze, i'd always thought their stuff was pretty average and overpriced

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
whiterabbit said:
Actually, fyi, somehow some dodgy company managed to register 'Von Dutch' in Australia before Von Dutch did.

So all those dodgy 'fakes' aren't legally fake and the police can't fine people for selling shitty caps for $20 in Paddy's Markets.
hahaha what a mad one
thats a smart move actually.. i was wondering why no one was getting into trouble for the fakes
but yeh i think the phase is slowly dying out, a few months ago everyone was wearing those caps and had the handbags but nowadays not many people have them

tempco

HSC
whiterabbit said:

LOL

damn them and their money making tactics. i want money too.

Lennie

the sad truth is... von dutch will never be gone...
someone will always think its cool

alby

cool duckie
HSC
von dutch's sad & a waste of money

i must admit that i do have a von dutch cap, but only caus i got it in bali & they wouldnt let me leave without getting a whole heap of stuff, which included at least 1 cap & the only ones which looked ok-ish were the vd's (obviously ripoffs)

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
ok i didnt even know von dutch was a real brand
i thought it was just a cheap and tacky brand to begin with
hm...

Lennie

The "Real" von dutch trucker hats cost over $90... its a real brand (i guess depending on how you want to define 'real')

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
A real 'Von Dutch singlet or tee costs up to $110.
fucking rip off.
i hate von dutch, and i hate the von dutch spin offs - von bitch etc, and i was sydney, and i saw bags, with the von dutch logo, but instead of saying von dutch, it said other crap on it, but in the same font as the von dutch logo.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hahah thats funny shit

Plain and black for me

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
Von Dutch is stupid, my mum wanted to buy a singlet and they had a von dutch singlet in the surft shop that was plain white with a tiny little thing saying von dutch and it was $99, they had another singlet plain white as well with a logo about the same size as the von dutch one and it was $30 and i think it looked much nicer, its rediculous.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
von dutch...more like von douche

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
sped_kid01 said:
wasnt Von Dutch a racist and a sexist anyway?!
Yeah and apparantly he started the brand to go against all the other expensive brand names...dont know if thats true but pretty freaking ironic if it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)