Vote (1 Viewer)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Fifth. I dont think anything will change until Ma dies. Literally. He's like Hitler. No matter how good the intentions of the other candidates are, as long as Ma is there, there will be a monopoly on, well, everything.

Just my opinion.

iwannarock

HSC
i never knew all this student council crap was so heated.

i've never seen victor ma, i've never talked to him i don't even know where he is. and yet i feel compelled to hate the guy because 100% of people say he's a crook.

does he really exist.

is this like 1984?

edit: oh yeah and is that adam guy doing law by any chance? i think i know him or have spoken to him before.

Last edited:

ND

HSC
Sif anyone actually wants to make a difference, it just looks mad on your resume. And yeh Adam does law.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Does it show up on your academic transcript?

I would like to know all the things that you can get on your academic transcript.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
Fifth. I dont think anything will change until Ma dies. Literally. He's like Hitler. No matter how good the intentions of the other candidates are, as long as Ma is there, there will be a monopoly on, well, everything.

Just my opinion.
Haha, vote me in, and ill guarantee things will be uber funkeh :cool: :p

ND

HSC
Why does it matter if it shows up on your transcript? (and it obviously won't)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
People like things to be on their record to 'differentiate' them from the rest of the crowd. Particularly leadership/political roles which illustrate a sort of 'future leader' material aura.

fidel_castro

HSC
Our UNSW student organisation newspaper did a page on what's been happening between Ma's fascism and 180degrees guys. Extremely disheartened to hear what's been happening over at your uni. And I thought the situation here was bad...

Apparently, "The Australian" also did an article (Democracy Limps in During Semester Break, 28-09-2005) regarding Ma's undemocratic policies.

ND

HSC
AsyLum said:
People like things to be on their record to 'differentiate' them from the rest of the crowd. Particularly leadership/political roles which illustrate a sort of 'future leader' material aura.
That's why you put it on your resume, what's transcript got to do with it?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If it appears on the transcript, it gives it a more official status, since its part of the reward system within the university itself.

Don't get too heated mate, its not the end of the world, i mean you dont have to stick it on your resume, but i assume if its a fulfilled program/criteria within university it'll appear on there without your consent, much like a fail will.

RIZAL

HSC
Everyone make sure you buy "The Australian" this Tuesday. The whole student council issue will feature in a write up.

A reporter has been in continuous contact with Adam ever since the elections and is basically looking for a 'hero' figure on the student council..... Things look like they are getting very interesting. I won't comment on Adam's stance on everything yet.

Also, as far as I know, MUSC elects an 'Executive' of 7 or so people? The question is whether Adam (with the number one vote count) will be a member of this. Stay tuned....

Phanatic

HSC
Ah, Bernard Lane, what a champion.

Are you sure it's Tuesday and not Wednesday? The Australian publishes a Higher Education section every Wednesday, where the past two MUSC articles have been published.

As for Adam being on the Executive, the number of initial votes are irrelevant. The Executive is voted on by the newly elected Councillors. But good luck to him.

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
Phanatic said:
As for Adam being on the Executive, the number of initial votes are irrelevant. The Executive is voted on by the newly elected Councillors.
(read: Not one anglo exec will be elected).

RIZAL

HSC
Yup just confirmed with Adam that it's this Wednesday's paper not Tuesday's.

We know that the number of initial votes is irrelevant in determining the executive... So we are banking on the fact that it would look bad on Ma's crew if the no. 1 canditate doesn't make it onto the executive.... (that's if he cares about his reputation at all, which could be unlikely).

It should be really interesting what Wednesday's article says about both Adam and Ma.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The Nick said:
Shame too, they need a Secretary who can write more effectively than a kindergarten student
What you talk about? They be good writing and speaking. Very high level of good!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)