W.B.Yeats Readings (1 Viewer)

underdog05

I've been studying the works of Yeats recently and I am finding understanding the textual integrity and readings of his works very difficult, especially when trying to make a connection between each poem. So far the only two readings I've used is those of George Orwell and T.S. Elliot.

speed2

HSC
look in the notes section
u wouldnt happen to be from EBHS??

underdog05

yeh i am, is there anything really that useful in the notes section though, i recall trying in the past and i havnt found nething thats worked out.

magicspell

HSC
underdog05 said:
I've been studying the works of Yeats recently and I am finding understanding the textual integrity and readings of his works very difficult, especially when trying to make a connection between each poem. So far the only two readings I've used is those of George Orwell and T.S. Elliot.
yeh.. does anyone have any notes/info on critics? that would be very much appreciated :)

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Ummm, I've seen a reading by W.H Auden - who said that whilst his work was good he spoke to much nonsense.

And some reading by some dude about his occultness.

But, to tell the truth, there's not much on Yeats. We really shouldn't be studying it.

Damien Szy

HSC
There are quite a few readings out there

Even know its late try and get your hands on

"the poems of W.B. Yeats'

A sourcebook

Edited by Michael O'Neill as I found it really helpful. It has critical history, Early critical reception and Modern criticism.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)