Waiting for the call back (1 Viewer)

Jessie moo moo

HSC
So I went for a position for coles myer (see my other threads), and they said they would contact me in 2 weeks by email with either the rejection or the congrats letter. I was assuming 2 weeks mean't 2 weeks from the day of you interview? It has now been 2 weeks and 1 days. I have tried to call the coles myer number, and all i can get is a recorded messages saying to say my application number etc. So i gave all my info, and the job i went for doesn't come up, only the casual christmas jobs I applied for, which i haven't had an interview for. Also on the application form at the interview, i put down my email address which has since changed. I updated it on the site, so there wouldn't be any chance they still sent the email to my old shut down account? They said they wanted people to start before christmas, so they are kinda leaving it late aren't they? Does coles myer usually send you a SMS telling you to check your email account? I know they did when I got an email asking me to attend a interview.

Anyway sorry for the rant, But do you guys think i should just keep waiting? What do you all think? :rolleyes:

= Jennifer =

HSC
i ended up applying for coles myer and i did the online test and i have no response at least u got an interview so yeah i dont know

Jase

HSC
my interview was last year and they haven't replied. good luck mate.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
they usually get back to you during the sept/oct period or feb/march time..

Lundy

Banned
HSC
colesmyer are notorious for hopelessness with callbacks. I waited about 4 months for mine.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
biggles04 said:
If you want a job with Colesmyer, don't just do the crap on the Website, go into the store you want a job at, talk to the manager and give them your resume.

The End.
sometimes they tell you to get stuffed because it's all online

Jessie moo moo said:
So I went for a position for coles myer (see my other threads), and they said they would contact me in 2 weeks by email with either the rejection or the congrats letter. I was assuming 2 weeks mean't 2 weeks from the day of you interview? It has now been 2 weeks and 1 days. I have tried to call the coles myer number, and all i can get is a recorded messages saying to say my application number etc. So i gave all my info, and the job i went for doesn't come up, only the casual christmas jobs I applied for, which i haven't had an interview for. Also on the application form at the interview, i put down my email address which has since changed. I updated it on the site, so there wouldn't be any chance they still sent the email to my old shut down account? They said they wanted people to start before christmas, so they are kinda leaving it late aren't they? Does coles myer usually send you a SMS telling you to check your email account? I know they did when I got an email asking me to attend a interview.

Anyway sorry for the rant, But do you guys think i should just keep waiting? What do you all think? :rolleyes:
yeah it's late. but your group interview was also fairly late. they may have sent the e-mail to your old account. keep ringing and logging into your account online. i don't know how their phones work with the whole telling them your number and seering what you applied for so i don't know what to say to that.

Jessie moo moo

HSC
Still waiting

Yesterday my mobile rang, it was a person from coles myer calling. I was thinking they where going to tell me if i have the job or not, but no, Yet again the reference I had to search high and low for wasn't good enough. I mean what do they want? Do they have a set list of questions to ask your reference. They wouldn't take my work reference because I worked in a family Cafe, and my Manager was also A family member. I left them a message on the phone, and sent them an email, no responce. They made out as if they are in the final stages of making their decisions, but far out, coles myer suck. This has been dragged out for over a month now. :mad:

For a job that is starting before christmas they are sure taking their sweet time :rolleyes:

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
well i applied sometime in June, went to the group interview and they told us that they would contact us via email or similar in two weeks time. I waited and waited... there was nothing. not even a single email. I got another job offer soon so...

anywayz, then two months later out of the blue, the op manager from city store called and ask 'Are you still looking for a job' i was so pissed. TWO MONTHS LATER!!! so i just told him 'i already got employed' and he asked if it's in the same industry (or what sorts of industry) and i snapped back at him politely 'yes, retail'. just by experiencing such progresses, i can see how WELL Coles Myer treat their employees.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i'm sure they treat them well when they are in the job. they do a lot of recruiting june, july, august, september jessie moo moo. you may have just been a little late

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)