Want to ace HSC Eng Adv (1 Viewer)

spezzina

HSC
I seriously dont care about other subjects Im quite happy with those
but I seriously cant stand English and I kno I gotta have high english marks if I want a high UAI score
Any tips for writing 6 band essays?

bored6

HSC
spezzina said:
I seriously dont care about other subjects Im quite happy with those
but I seriously cant stand English and I kno I gotta have high english marks if I want a high UAI score
Any tips for writing 6 band essays?
Yes, I have tips.

LatK7

HSC
In the English section of the boards there are some good threads.

As for the subject, when i try hard i go pretty well 80-85%, and times i've decided to write creatively, and not care i get almost full marks :\

And i'll stop before i keep on rambling :)

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
There's an actual thread specifically about writing band 6 essays here.

NeoKyo

gstains ghetto! represent
HSC
I spose if you want a phenomenal UAI then you want a band six in english, (I mean like, stuff you can use to study medicine/law)

but looks like you rother subjects would push you up there anyway if you did well in them

i think last year they scaled english super tough, forming the best bell curve

my friend got 85 as his HSC mark (our cohort wasnt that special) and he did well in legal studies / 2/3 unit maths/ ancient history /economics and greek continuers (some subjects that dont get scaled as much as 4u/phys and chem) and got 98.6

i got 80 myself ha ha....

HSC
Your English mark won't hurt your UAI too much unless you get below 85 or something. Or so we were told last year. Didn't motivate me, I only got a band 4 :eek:

I know someone who got 99.8 UAI with an Adv English mark of 86. Mind you he got 94+ in everything else. So it is possible to get a very high UAI but you have to get around 85 at the very least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)