wanting to get into civil engineering (1 Viewer)

lilt123

HSC
Hi, I ended up with a ATAR of mid 70s and really want to get into civil engineering. Yes i know I'm like 15 points off but, I'm hoping to get a transfer later in the year.
I have gone through the program structure of the degree and have found this:

And ONE of:

And ONE of:

Plus these following 3 courses:

Plus choose 2 electives from the Year 1 Elective List
http://www.eng.unsw.edu.au/rules/elective.htm

just wondering if there's any course offered in unsw that will allow me to do those subjects for my 1st year that have a lower uai ~70-80 so, i'd be able to get advance standing when i transfer. Just wondering also, if it's really hard to transfer internally to civil engineering, like what marks would i be expected to get for a successful transfer.
Thank you

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
science with physics do math + phys, but theres no way you can do ENGG1000 or CVEN1300 without doing engineering.

i think its safe to say it's normally a distinction average for a safe transfer but you can search this up.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
If you are doing Civil Engineering you must do CVEN1300
If you are doing Mechanical Engineering you must do MMAN1300
If you are doing Mining Engineering you must do MINE1300

i learned that the hard way, now gonna do engineering mechanics 2, an extension from MMAN1300 with knowledge from CVEN1300.

MMAN3300 probably has the biggest failure rate out of all the subjects in the entire university (~70% of students fail)

so stick with the program.
higher versions of subjects are a matter of personal preference and interest.

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A
If you are doing Civil Engineering you must only have NB Sneakers
If you are doing Mechanical Engineering you must not Shower
If you are doing Mining Engineering you must be a Racist

i learned that the hard way, now gonna do engineering mechanics 2, an extension from MMAN1300 with knowledge from CVEN1300.

MMAN3300 probably has the biggest Bigot rate out of all the subjects in the entire university (~70% of students)

so stick with the program.
higher versions of subjects are a matter of personal preference and interest and number of billabong backpacks
^_^

LordPc

HSC
science with physics do math + phys, but theres no way you can do ENGG1000 or CVEN1300 without doing engineering.

i think its safe to say it's normally a distinction average for a safe transfer but you can search this up.
sure tommy? engg1000 doesnt require anything. or is it barred on myunsw unless ur are enrolled in a eng program?

not 100% sure about this but cant you enroll in a science degree, but just pick the engineering subjects anyway? that is, you do 1st year engineering, but are just enrolled in a science degree?

i know people that have done this with the intention of transferring at the end of semester

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
sure tommy? engg1000 doesnt require anything. or is it barred on myunsw unless ur are enrolled in a eng program?

not 100% sure about this but cant you enroll in a science degree, but just pick the engineering subjects anyway? that is, you do 1st year engineering, but are just enrolled in a science degree?

i know people that have done this with the intention of transferring at the end of semester
they sometimes put restrictions i believe

KD

HSC
N/A
If you want to do Civil then do it at another university and try to transfer in. Due to high demand it will be difficult to transfer in so better you are doing Civil somewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)