War of the Worlds (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
War of the Worlds (Warning: Spoilers)

War of the worlds comes out this wed :D
Looks pretty good. I wanna see it

Greater unions description:
Tom Cruise stars in Steven Spielberg’s contemporary re-telling of H G Wells’ classic tale of alien invasion and humankind’s battle for survival against unstoppable machines as seen through the eyes of one family.

Last edited:

zombie_artfag

HSC
i'd love to see the invaders plan adapted into a film, i mean, battlefield earth was fantastic

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
the SMH ripped it to shit in Metro on Friday. I really wanted to see the movie until I heard was Spielberg had done to it - he said all this shit in interviews about how he'd wanted to make it since reading the book in college, and yet when he does make it he changes everything, including the whole fucking point of the book. If he does this to something he's always wanted to make, what would he do to something he didn't?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
It was funnier when they read it out on the radio and everyone thought it was real.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Nah, they didn't read it out, Orson Welles adapted it as a series of news reports, so people had no idea what the fuck was going on and thought it was real. People must've really trusted their radios back then...

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Apparently it's really shit.
I'm gonna stick with it being average, but incredibly overrated.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
It comes out 2moro
Gordo is going for a 12:01am session!

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
I won tickets to see the premier of it last night.. i had to give it up because i have an exam tommorow :( I gave the ticks to my friend and he said it was terrific-he has an odd taste in movies. He liked "the grudge".. so yeah....

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i just saw it

it's worth seeing, but not one of speilberg's best

its sort really really draws out mediocre stuff (in terms of story line) and then abruptly ends with a pretty weak explanation...they could have cut some drawn out itteration and explained the punchline much better

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
I saw it last night/this morning and I thought it was pretty good.

Its not really a favourite but its not my type of movie.

If I had it my way the Robbie dude would have died, like what was with him coming back at the end? Too soppy

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
yeh true

but the end was retarded. period

they could hav explained it a lot better and just editted out some of the repetitive footage of the aliens

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
I know.
My friend tried to tell me what was killing the Alien at the end, he was pointing to his nose, and Im like 'The Alien can't breathe our air? He has no nose?' Haha Im such a lostie, it was only when they starting going back to the micro-organisms did I realise and Im like its the common cold!!! haha.

Oh and how funny was it with Sponge Bob Square Pants on the TV, made me laugh at least :p

Far out I had to put all that in a spoiler cos I dont want to ruin it for anyone, not that I think I really could :\ Unless they want to get really excited over the Common Cold bit or Sponge Bob Square Pants..
Yeah...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)