warriors and amun (1 Viewer)

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
In expansion, definetly, because alot of battles etc. were attributed to Amun, and expeditions eg. Punt

Warrior Pharaoh same. They attribute their might and successes to Amun, and therefore he is used as propaganda to portray this image. This is because of his changed image from the local deity of thebes to the "King of the Gods". This meant that to society, for one to have his power meant that they were very powerful and so became the warrior Pharaoh image. Also in this question, make sure you say that the title "Warrior Pharaoh" is modern terminology, applied by Phil. H. Newby (His book is really great, i advise reading it)

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
I just got the book today. I'm not in an ancient mood tonight tho (sheddup! I know i'm in the forum!). So if you can summarise the most important point in the book in 25 words or less, please feel free to inspire me!

in a drag club full of glitter...no, seriously!
Thanx 4 ur advice angelduck. Yes, i agree, Newby's Warrior Pharaoh book is a good place to start 4 the basic information - we cant rely on its level tho!
and tina? in 25 words or less, the most important part is...i feel at least...
'THIS BOOK IS A VERY VERY BASIC OVERVIEW ONLY
that said, u really should still read it 2 make sure uve got the basics fully covered. of course, i feel no course like this should be undertaken without full archival access. Its the only place to get in-depth study material, as im sure other serious ancienters will agree with me

oh. darlin, my question was merely a technical one on how much space/time should be alloted to these areas - whether overall, integrated into each section, chronological, heirarchical etc. basically, on how do these areas best fit in structurally.
dont worry tho, ive worked it out 4 myself...was just stressing when posted - realised how little time is left til HSC!!! Im just soooo glad that ive done summaries for all of my topics! i pity the ppl who realise now that they need them!
anyways, thanx 4 trying 2 help!
hmmm...mayb some1 can help me with this...not that its in any way related 2 ancient!!! ok, im going 2 this halloween partay...do u think u can have 2 much leather in one costume? (u know, supple leather thigh high boots over leather pants...not aleather top of course!! hmmm, i wonder of thats confortable? prob not as comfortable as mesh top) anyway, what do u think? at halloween, can u have 2 much leather?

Kirsti

HSC
Not an ancient student or anything, just been hearing some good things bout you alfalfa so I looked you up. Reading about the costume, now I know I like you. I so need a decent pair of boots!!
Keep up the good work on angelduck. She needs to be put in her place sometimes (no offence Ang, you know I luv ya)

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
im so shocked tina.
obviously u know nothin.
GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE EATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!GO THE LEATHER!!!!!

*slightly calmer*
what can i say? i happen 2 like leather...

Kirsti

HSC
sorry Tina, I'm gonna have to agree with Rhia and alfalfa here. Absolutely nothing wrong with leather. How can you be scared by leather? Would you be scared if I turned up at your place in my leather? ;) (no I don't have the whole outfit. YET)

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Sheesh...why do you guys insist on using real names? Havn't you heard of being anonymous on the net? Now everyone's going to know my name is tina!

Doo........ :(

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
And what do the past few posts have to do with Ancient anyway, let alone Warriors and Amun. I know may sound like a hypocrite but stick to the topic people.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
FINE!
ok, tina_goes_doo (happy now christina!): firstly, alfalfa started the post and then he was the one who changed it to the outfit/leather discussion. since it was his post 2 begin with, i dont think we're gettin off topic - just gettin 2 the real point of the post!
and secondly, leather has a lot 2 do with ancient history. after all, leather comes from hide and animal skins were an intrical part of many ancient cultures - therefore, by extension, it is reasonable 2 say that leather is like a staple 4 many ancient cultures. like rice is in the 3rd world. so there *pokes out tongue*. just coz u have nuthin 2 add 2 this leather discussion dont be such a killjoy!

im soo disappointed in u tina.
thanx everyone for supporting my leather decision...not that i wouldnt have worn it anyway, but its nice 2 know u all agree with me!
i have another question though - whats the better length 4 a leather coat - full length or mid thigh? total dilemma! (no tina, u dont have 2 answer)

Kirsti

HSC
well, this is only my personal opinion. For the costume I strongly believe that a full length coat would give it a dramatic edge, particularly if it is buttoned to around the waist and the lower section is left to flare out as you walk.
However, if you are asking as a separate matter, for casual use, shorter coats are a lot neater, and, in my opinion, more appropriate for everyday wear.

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
silvermoon said:
leather has a lot 2 do with ancient history. after all, leather comes from hide and animal skins were an intrical part of many ancient cultures - therefore, by extension, it is reasonable 2 say that leather is like a staple 4 many ancient cultures. like rice is in the 3rd world. so there *pokes out tongue*. just coz u have nuthin 2 add 2 this leather discussion dont be such a killjoy!

Let me point out a few things there:

1. "Leather is like a staple"
Just pointing this out because it is an er......unusual simile to use dude.

2. "like rice is in the 3rd world"
Hello? Tina = chinese triad ring leader = world supplier of rice.
Without me, rice is NOTHING!

3. "just coz u have nuthin 2 add 2 this leather discussion dont be such a killjoy!"
Leather-smether. I'm still trying to get over the idea of dancing in heels...

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
ok, several things:
1. Kirsti - completely agree - go the leather dude!
2. Tina - *shakes head* - firstly, 'leather is like a staple' was NOT A SIMILIE U IDIOT - i meant staple as in staple food, something essential - hence the refernce 2 rice in 3rd world. secondly, the only thing ur the leader of is the quad-C triad (and dont u forget it!) and lastly, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HEELS?!?!?! *sighs* i luv heels...
3. Alfalfa - im sure u know this already but, listen 2 nothing tina says.

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
A staple is a staple. It's kinda like saying "intestines are the sausages of life, it's where all the left over bits go..." (hey, just made that up there on the spot! Proud of me?)

I never said anything was wrong with heels. Just perplexed at how people can dance it them. Sheesh, that was one damn good show!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)