Was it ok if u disagreed with section 3's statement? (2 Viewers)

Robbievl

HSC
friction said:
I did i was imaginitive i dont know how u could argue it positively still.
haha mate i hope you didn't spell imaginitive (sic) in the exam like you did just then.
probs wont go down too well with english teachers
gl

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
that bloke was lying

i just called the hsc advice line to ask about something else
and they dont open lines til 4

friction

HSC
Lol i think i may have without even noticing. They may not be able to read that much detail into the world anyway, it will be fairly messy.

*Baby-K*

HSC
sdx91 said:
I said that in P.S case, the immigrants do not need a strong human spirit when they are undertaking their journey but in my related text Castaway, Chuck needs a strong human spirit to survive.. etc.. don't know if its right lol.

So I said it some cases it is and some it isn't.. but oh well..
Mine's similar to yours cause in the Poems Skrzynecki, lets be blunt-just whines and complains. I said that a strong human spirit is essential for the journey to have a positive outcome which I demonstrated through my related texts- picture book and movie Under the Tuscan Sun. The picture book is about a Wombat though :) not really human- but he has a strong spirit.

Mond

HSC
syriangabsta said:
well a journey is supposed to take you away from the world in which u inhabit and you face obstacles which change ur perspective on thnigs

so, why do u need s strong human spirit for that? >_>
That's the thing, you don't need it. Like you said, the obstacles which change your perspective shape and strengthen your human spirit, so at the arrival you are more spiritually entact than you were at the onset. That was the gist of my argument anyway.

jacko811

HSC
N/A
cool investigation fool...
u clealry didnt do well in comprehension...
hes bullshitting....
im betting you wrote about the dog??

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
My friend disagreed with the statement
He just said that it's not essential but it's better to have it

HSC
housah0lic said:
that bloke was lying

i just called the hsc advice line to ask about something else
and they dont open lines til 4
LOL, thank you so much housaholic, i love you.

syriangabsta said:
well a journey is supposed to take you away from the world in which u inhabit and you face obstacles which change ur perspective on thnigs

so, why do u need s strong human spirit for that? >_>
I too disagreed
The journey is essential in creating a strong human spirit.

EDIT: I do 4U English, so assume everything i say about English is correct. :)

Last edited:

jacko811

HSC
N/A
The question as to whether u need one or the journey creates on is dependent on whether its imaginary, inner or physical. Imagine u need to, inner u create it and no one gives a shit abt physical cause its only for the downers who suck so its ok. dont worry people, ive got it sorted

nrs1990

HSC
I agreed with it (it worked well for my texts - I do 'Rabbit Proof Fence'), but some of my friends disagreed with it. From what my teachers have said in the past, it's okay to disagree, so long as you can back it up, but it's often easier to go with the question.

I think when I thought about this question was the only time ever I've been happy to be doing physical journeys rather than imaginative.

berger69

HSC
ronk knee or whoever u are

id just like to say you are truly inspiring.

like- wat a great human being you are, inspiring us all with your words of wisdom...if i wasnt a lesbian i would pleasure u all night

im now going to study 12 hours a day as u recommend

ur truly a hero- wat would your school do without you

please, i hope you achieve your 100 uai dream and contribute to australia the way we know you, being an asian, will: by practicing medicine or law. im sure your linguistic skills will come in handy.

sincerely berger69 (you are remarkable)

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
I disagreed with the statement. I think I backed it up reasonably but who knows... oh well, it's over now.

jaggy snake

HSC
I either strongly agreed or disagreed for each paragraph (which dealt with a different imaginative journey).

Like, for example, the imaginative journey the audience are taken on in "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" by the Beatles doesn't require a strong human spirit at all; its purpose is entirely to entertain, you learn nothing about yourself by listening to it, it doesn't change you.

chaarii

HSC
I disagreed, I pretty much just stated that while it could help, its not the only thing that contributes to the progression or success of an inner journey, that it was really a combination of a variety of factors. The rest of my essay went on to describe these 'other factors.'

Eh, if I did it wrong, oh well. I never was a fan of English anyway =]

Just.Snaz

HSC
I disagreed. In all my texts, there was reluctance and uncertainty (following on with the slight theme of the paper). Skrzynecki went on a journey without "strong human spirit" and in every one of my other texts, it was either forced upon them or they reluctantly had to agree; strong human spirit wasn't essential for the success of the journey.

cccclaire

HSC
It actually much easier to disagree with the statement (I did) for inner.

Because that way you can argue both sides, you can say, that for some inner journey's a strong human spirit is required but it is not essential for all inner journeys.

HSC
It is fine to disagree with it provided that you actually argue against it providing evidence

I agreed btw

B

bekmay

yep i disagreed. worked well with my prepared essay that basically said that imaginative journeys promote a growth in spiritual identity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)