Water Management (1 Viewer)

Not Too Bright

Can somebody help me with this dot point

gather, process and present information on the features of the local town water supply in terms of:
-catchment area

Paroissien

HSC
Well firstly where do you live? And that really should've been an assignment.
But if you didn't do the assignment I guess you best bet would be to go for the Sydney catchment area, which I know nothing about so I can't help you there. There is a bit of info on that catchment area on the various summaries that have been uploaded. I suggest you check them.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
just use the sydney catchment like paroissien. the surrounding hills gather rain water and direct them to the catchment area. then u can talk about the filtration and treatment

SelphieBoffin

HSC
So does anyone have any information, or know where one can find some information, internet sites maybe, on the sydney catchment, on possible sources of contamination or chemical tests or purifying processes or anything?

qwertyqaz

Not Too Bright said:
Can somebody help me with this dot point

gather, process and present information on the features of the local town water supply in terms of:
-catchment area
I doubt if they are going to ask you a question on this dot point because everyone has studies a different catchment area and they wouldnt be able to see if you were lying about your answer. Dont stress about this one- If you do happen to get asked tho, just bullshit about hills. We dont have a catchment area so we had to do out ass on the bore water and shit like that. No need to stress.

helper

HSC
N/A
Once again they will be after the skills not the final information.

How did you gather information?
What processising did you do?
What method of presentation was most appropriate?

These will be based around 9.1 of the syllabus

d_elmo

HSC
12 monkeys - why would they bother puttin that in the syllabus if they never intended on asking a question on it?

Paroissien

HSC
I think it was just meant to be an assignment to demonstrate to students how the chemical monitoring tests are put into practice

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Exactly no marker is going to know what the hell my catchment is I could bullshit something or thats what the actual answer sounds as.

HSC
just say the warragamba catchment cos it's the main one in sydney ( i think). i did a project on it..i should try and find it haha, but i remember that their ways of treating water etc are exactly the same as what the test books say (all those steps about sanitisation/flocculation) etc, so just say that's what they do in this catchment. Also mention that a few years back there was this problem with giardia n stuff and i think they can now use membrane filters which have holes tiny enough to trap those stupid bacteria stuff~

-marilia- xoxo

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
When going through my syllabus, I explicitly remember writing "NB: bullshit answer, study not needed" beneath this point. You can fudge the answer, assuming they are stupid enough to ask it.

lucyinthehole

i think that saying they can't ask this isn't correct. they'd be looking for the procedures involved. i'd say most catchment areas operate pretty similarly, so it doesn't matter if they don't know your local one, all the answers should be close enough

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)