Wats the best car outta these 3? (1 Viewer)

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
the vanquish...i really dnt c the other 2 comparing....and by the looks of things no1 else really seems to consider the other 2 veyr much...how much is the aston (im too lazy to look it up)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
$a®e said:
z4 definately...but much rather a 330i M3 convertible ;) hehe
330i n M3 r different, im assuming u know that though....

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
There aren't really that comparable.

also, is it HAWT or what, to bump way old threads right now. yeah baby.

walkahz

HSC
Yeah i am a bit of a bogan :lol:

But the way i see it aussie cars give more bang for your buck than any others (apart from things like WRX's)
If holden / HSV were prepared to put more technology into their cars (e.g. superchargers and carbon fibre parts) they would kill most cars.

Sammy-Blue

HSC
They do give more bang for buck but don't match the build quality of imports (I'm talking europe more than japan). Also one other thing I don't like about HSV/FPV is that they use such huge engine capacities without alot of power. 6L V8 for same power as 4L V8 from bmw/audi. That said, the latest stuff HSV has been putting out it much better than in the past.

walkahz

HSC
But those with smaller engine capacities are normally turbo or supercharged.
If holden would stop using old low tech chev motors then they would make a lot more power.
Some of the europeans quality isnt that good either but.

Sammy-Blue

HSC
The M3/RS4 are not super/turbo (which is what I had in mind when making the comment). And true, quality isn't always great, still beats holden.

F2001

HSC
Sammy-Blue said:
They do give more bang for buck but don't match the build quality of imports (I'm talking europe more than japan). Also one other thing I don't like about HSV/FPV is that they use such huge engine capacities without alot of power. 6L V8 for same power as 4L V8 from bmw/audi. That said, the latest stuff HSV has been putting out it much better than in the past.
Most euro drivers realize, careful where you tread when talking about engines with GM

That 6L V8 has so much flexibility it's not funny.
The LS7 is also one of the lightest engines today.

All M3s have been inline 6s till the new V8.
The last turboed/sced RS4 was the B5 in 2001~

That why i said, I would take a C6 Z06 over an M3 (probably even a E92, we havnt seen what it can do yet and its potential).

B7 RS4s arn't that great compared to M3s. I even like the B5 RS4 better.

Not to mention quite a few ppl in the states slapping LSx engines in BMWs and whatnot...
There have been a ridiculous amount of converts in USA from Euro hardcores to C6 drivers. It's just an extremely great package for the money.

Sammy-Blue

HSC
F2001 said:
Most euro drivers realize, careful where you tread when talking about engines with GM

That 6L V8 has so much flexibility it's not funny.
The LS7 is also one of the lightest engines today.

All M3s have been inline 6s till the new V8.
The last turboed/sced RS4 was the B5 in 2001~

That why i said, I would take a C6 Z06 over an M3 (probably even a E92, we havnt seen what it can do yet and its potential).

B7 RS4s arn't that great compared to M3s. I even like the B5 RS4 better.

Not to mention quite a few ppl in the states slapping LSx engines in BMWs and whatnot...
There have been a ridiculous amount of converts in USA from Euro hardcores to C6 drivers. It's just an extremely great package for the money.
That's all true enough.
I know about previous gen M3/RS4, I was talking about current gen. Yes with tuning, a larger capacity will always have a higher output than a smaller capacity engine (which is also why people may decide to get an engine swap), I was talking about what you get from the factory.

MingleDingle

4U MATHS CAFFEINE DRUGGO
HSC
Millionaire choice: Vanquish
Normal person choice: Z4

for the z4 money, a 335i just seems like a much better choice or perhaps a 135i. The Z4 just doesnt cross my mind as a car that scores high on the practicality side and really, the new 3L twin turbo straight-sixes are said to be really good. Fifth gear scored them really high, Motor magazine scored them high, wheels magazine too. The Z4 is stuck with the old M3's engine and consequently just doesnt seem as good in comparison

samwell

HSC
id say the aston martin, though even if you had the money yyou would have to wait for the two years waiting list, if you are impatient go for the bmw it a cute car

F2001

HSC
samwell said:
id say the aston martin, though even if you had the money yyou would have to wait for the two years waiting list, if you are impatient go for the bmw it a cute car
waiting list?

If I had the money, I'd never buy any remotely exotic car in Australia. The land that cripples these machines except dedicated tracks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)