Weapons of Math Instruction (1 Viewer)

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Slide Rule said:
If one were to join the dots when geometric progression function is graphed, the resulting image would be an accurate representation of my sexuality.
I'm sorry. I'm bored. :p

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
nah, this isnt 2 do with maths! its 2 do with da ppl who do (or in my case, try not 2 do) maths...subject is damn boring. hehehe, i feel asleep in class 2day...yeah, my teacher was sooo pleased with that! oops...

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
You needed to graph that to know it was a straight line?

*shakes head
She didn't graph it just compare her "quote" and what he said.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
withoutaface said:
You needed to graph that to know it was a straight line?

*shakes head
He changed it from arithmetic to geometric progression, essentially stating I am gay. :p

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Non-electrical calculator. Used till the mid 1970's to do pretty much all maths calculations.

"A device consisting of two logarithmically scaled rules mounted to slide along each other so that multiplication, division, and other more complex computations are reduced to the mechanical equivalent of addition or subtraction."

rumour

HSC
Slide Rule said:
Non-electrical calculator. Used till the mid 1970's to do pretty much all maths calculations.

"A device consisting of two logarithmically scaled rules mounted to slide along each other so that multiplication, division, and other more complex computations are reduced to the mechanical equivalent of addition or subtraction."
Oh, so do you have one of them?

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
Slide Rule said:

::awed voice:: people used to manage without calculators?? how! why! yes, good god why?!?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
rumour said:
Oh, so do you have one of them?
Yes. It can do logs, log-logs, anti-logs, square roots, cube roots, hyperbolic functions, trigonometric functions, other obscure functions I forget the names of, and normal arithmetic.

rumour

HSC
Slide Rule said:
Yes. It can do logs, log-logs, anti-logs, square roots, cube roots, hyperbolic functions, trigonometric functions, other obscure functions I forget the names of, and normal arithmetic.
Where did you get it from?

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
quote: and other obscure functions i forget the names of
what?!! geez, you disappoint me Slide Rule. here i was envisioning a maths genius...but no, it wasnt to be. you cant even remember what 2 call ur beloved maths. i am shattered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)