Web Page Appears Smaller (1 Viewer)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Unfortunately, the problem is still happening for me. The only thing that changed is the banner at the top of the page, which has reverted back to its normal state. All the other stuff are still appearing smaller than they should.
Well at the moment, the white space on the sides is intentional but I was under the assumption that the width was on a percentage basis rather than fixed.

I'll have a look into it and see if we can get the designer to fix it up.

Web Addict

HSC
Well at the moment, the white space on the sides is intentional but I was under the assumption that the width was on a percentage basis rather than fixed.

I'll have a look into it and see if we can get the designer to fix it up.
The white space on the sides is intentional? That's weird.

D94

HSC
N/A
The white space on the sides is intentional? That's weird.
There are 3 forms of website widths - fluid, fixed and elastic. The current setup is fixed. Had the design been fluid, the white space would not appear as big. On my screen, it's a small amount of white, whereas on much larger screens, it's obviously larger. The actual body of the forum is no different in size on either of our computers, since it's fixed, i.e. the width is specified. If it was a percentage basis, i.e. 90% of the screen, it would look more in balance for you - it would span 90% of the screen.

So it is intentional in the sense that the body of the forum does not span the width of the computer screen (that would be weird if there was no white space).

Tasteless

HSC
it's nearly 30% of the browser width that is white space on my screen, lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)