Were you shafted by TPG (1 Viewer)

lusername

HSC
Today I had to change from my beloved 1500/512 connection back down to the 512/256 due to the 'rents not wanting to pay $20 dollars more a month.

I belive that TPG made a poor business decision by providing the 1.5mbps connection near or below cost. Although they benefited in the short term (1 year) they now lack the ability to develop their network and join internode and iinet (+others?) in putting in those DSLAM things to get ADSL2. Now they have moved their support services almost wholly to malaysia and are losing customers who are pi$$ed at them.

Have you, or are you being forced to change plans?
If so what are you doing about it, putting up with
a)slower connection
b)higher monthly rate
OR
c)telling tpg to go jump?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i was gonna go with that tpg plan. but was told i can only get cable with optus. i well know i have cable

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
playboy2njoy said:
Listen dude, TPG is the cheapest provider in metro, but its only for uber nerds really. If you want customer service, join bigpond/optus. TPG offers its loss-leadership through basic email facilities, other basics. This isnt whirlpool btw , and remember that TPG is tied to Telstra's infrastructure, and has reiterated its intention to stay this way numerous times. TPG will not be seeing adsl2+ until Telstra opens its network next year. Post on whirlpool if you want to chat to tpg representative 'marco m' there.
You're a fucking moron. Exetel and iinet absolutely rip anyone and everyone for adsl in just about every respect. Optus customer service usually takes half an hour to get through to, and even then it's pretty average.

Chocobo687

HSC
Tried the cheaper providers, they gave me the shits, now I just pay the extra and get what I pay for. Internode = 1337.

Radio Streams, content servers, mirrors of 3dgamers etc, the games network, all unmetered.

1500K. 16 months this month, never looked back.. Seriously, looking at my router info, the only downtimes I have had was twice when the telstra dude brought alot of the NSW DSL network down, and a few power blackouts, other than that, never had a hassle.

I found and tried to get off cheap, got the shits and moved on.
I'm willing to pay for what i get, and I feel i get that with node :)

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
right now i pay $34 a month for optus cable with 600kb/sec + download speed, but only 12k upload
12gig + 24gigs (bonus)
am i happy? YES :p

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I never got a chance to go with TPG- we signed up before but then our house is out of range for ADSL.. but i'm glad we didn't- nearly signed for 6 or 12mths at $70aud for 256 adsl!... Can't remember the limit but compared to what we got a few mths later with Bigpond Cable ($70aud for 10gig).. I'm glad we are out of reach from ADSL.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
optus might look expensive, but when u add up all the free month u get if u are able to have a bundle of services, its one of the best there is.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Not counting ADSL2 which wasn't around 18 months ago =P

Although ADSL2 is rather tempting!!!... one of my mates got a free upgrade to it for something (can't remember what he did to get it) but damn... *wouldn't mind super fast speeds* Although my cable does serve me well for surfing the net, posting on various forums, downloading asian mp3s, emailing, blogging & chatting on MSN.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
playboy2njoy said:
Well, considering Cable's average maximum is 3mb/s and adsl2+'s average maximum is 22mb/s, id rather have adsl2+ thank you very much.
where u gonna find a site that u can downlaod anythign at 22mb/s?

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Even if you connect to your adsl router with a 100Mbps Ethernet its theoretical maximum transfer rate would only be 12.5 MB/sec.
Theoretical maximum is rarely reached due to the fact that any communication data transfer need to have some sort of error checking, be it parity check or cyclical redundancy check (CRC). That is to say: Every string of data sent, there has to be extra error checking data sent at the same time.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
^ IPT!

My old w/l router (some Netgear one) overheated whenever DL speed went over 200 kb/sec so... it sometimes got annoying when that happened since had to reset the router and my w/l would suddenly drop out ><

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
im with tpg at uni cause its cheap & netspace at home. Netspace are good.

TPG are shit and i hate how theyre makin us change connection speed. WEll screw them im cancelling.

LexxY

s2 Ralf. Marry me!
HSC
My isp is the worst.. im on 512 and I get 20kbs d/ls now and 100+ ping in game for nsw servers.. I called them and they gave me the run around.

if ure not happy, change. pretty simple.

they are doing upgrades in my area for adsl2.. so that keeps me hopeful cos then I can change isp and get better internet. my dad is laaazy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)