Western Sydney Careers Expo (1 Viewer)

Web Addict

HSC
Hi.

Is anyone going to the Western Sydney Careers Expo at Sydney Olympic Park? My school is organising an excursion there on Friday, but I don't know whether I should go or not.

To people who have previously been to a careers expo: Was it a helpful and informative event for you?

Thank you.

Last edited:

mariannebags

HSC
N/A
The program is available on line, so check it out and decide for yourself. These things often are good just to get you out of the class room and you meet other like minded people. Actually, i'm presenting a session on saturday, as I am a teacher. if you dont want to miss a day of school - with your subjects i dont blame you ! - perhap you can go on the weekend?

norwegianwood

HSC
they're good if at the stand there's someone you can talk to who is doing the exact course at the exact uni you want
otherwise it's just being given booklets/pamphlets and having people underline the atar cut-off you need (and, like, i already know that duh)
there's a lot of stuff on traineeships/tafe/army/govt if that's what you're into
all the unis are represented but it's basically the same info you can access yourself online
lots of free pens also

Web Addict

HSC
Free pens? I'm going now.

I just checked out the website and saw the seminar programs. Some of them seem okay, I guess. What do you guys have to say about those seminar programs? Have you guys been to the HSC ones, such as HSC English- Area of Study Belonging by HSC in the Holidays? Are they useful?

Okashi

HSC
Free pens? I'm going now.

I just checked out the website and saw the seminar programs. Some of them seem okay, I guess. What do you guys have to say about those seminar programs? Have you guys been to the HSC ones, such as HSC English- Area of Study Belonging by HSC in the Holidays? Are they useful?
All seminars are useless. In fact if you done your research online , there's no point in going unless you're there for the occasional goodies.

lee337

HSC
Uni Grad
Whole expo was useless, except for the free stressballs.

Web Addict

HSC
What exactly do they talk about at the seminar programs for the HSC subjects? They seem a bit more interesting than the others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)