westing house and edison (1 Viewer)

maybach

HSC
i have to write an essay in class on edison and westinghouse and im confused becayse the question says
==="edison has been described as a "man of his time" he is said to have been he best known american during his lifetime. tesla has been described as "the man who invented the future", he died relatively unknown and penniless.
discuss the contributions each man made towards the development of electrical distribution and world modernisation.
describe the ensuing battle between edison and westinghouse"===

im confused because they say to talk about edison and tesla and then they say to talk about edison and westinghouse.
i also read somewhere that when edison electricuted animals and killed them they said that they were "westinghoused", i dont get the connection!

someone please help, either send me an essay or info but pleasse "unconfuse" me.

rden

HSC
edison supplied Westinghouse 1000V AC generators to New York State prison to use for the electric chair. Once the first guy was electrocuted edison commented that he was 'Westinghoused' due to the fact that it was one of Westinghouse's generators that was used. Westinghouse refused to supply his AC generators to the prisons but edison stilll found a way.
He also killed animals with W'house's AC generators in public demonstrations to supposedly show how unsafe AC was.

Tesla was the Serbian (?) scientist who developed AC generators and distribution systems which Westinghouse subsequently bought off him for $100000. Westinghouse then battled for his AC system to become predominant over Edison's DC system, which had numerous disadvantages.

hope this helps

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
rden said:
Tesla was the Serbian (?) scientist who developed AC generators and distribution systems which Westinghouse subsequently bought off him for $100000. Westinghouse then battled for his AC system to become predominant over Edison's DC system, which had numerous disadvantages.

hope this helps
It was one million, not one hundrred thousand. Count the zeroes.

solly, being tight-butt, i no...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)