What am I suppose to be looking for in a related text for TTT? (1 Viewer)

sammi260

President of the World
HSC
I've got a film already for a related text but I have no clue what I am suppose to be looking for in a different text type. I don't know how to analyse a feature article or other texts in relation to Telling the Truth. Can anyone give me a suggestion for another text and explain how to analyse it? im so lost. :confused:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
sammi260 said:
I've got a film already for a related text but I have no clue what I am suppose to be looking for in a different text type. I don't know how to analyse a feature article or other texts in relation to Telling the Truth. Can anyone give me a suggestion for another text and explain how to analyse it? im so lost. :confused:
http://community.boredofstudies.org...highlight=related+texts+for+telling+the+truth

Search the forum + look at the resources section :)

With analysing the texts - Focus on how the truth is being represented/misrepresented, what techniques have been used to convey the ideas and link it to the question asked.

Have a look at the Rubric in the Board of Studies Site for this module - it'll tell you what is expected of you from this module -- lets you know about what your analysis should include.

sammi260

President of the World
HSC
Lol i still dont get it. i've checked through the forums. Still lost. lol

With Frontline its pretty obvious cos there is the onscreen stuff for the current affairs part and then there is the behind-the-scenes bit. But with the article i found its talking about how some journalist made up a story. Do i talk about the techniques in the article that are used to show that the other article was false?

Or am I suppose to write about how a narticle or something twists the truth. Like with hyperbole to exaggerate the situation or something like that? Cos the themes etc that i always use are usually manipulation or the whole idea of image vs. reality.

I would really like to use a poem but i just cant seem to find anything substantial. I ve tried searching for ppls suggestion but the poems I find are random and make little to zero sense. lol

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
sammi260 said:
Lol i still dont get it. i've checked through the forums. Still lost. lol

With Frontline its pretty obvious cos there is the onscreen stuff for the current affairs part and then there is the behind-the-scenes bit. But with the article i found its talking about how some journalist made up a story. Do i talk about the techniques in the article that are used to show that the other article was false?

Or am I suppose to write about how a narticle or something twists the truth. Like with hyperbole to exaggerate the situation or something like that? Cos the themes etc that i always use are usually manipulation or the whole idea of image vs. reality.

I would really like to use a poem but i just cant seem to find anything substantial. I ve tried searching for ppls suggestion but the poems I find are random and make little to zero sense. lol
Have you checked the resources section? I'm sure a few people have used articles for their HSC - find some (can be time consuming), read through them and try and work your article the same way.

With the analysis of your article -you should look at how the truth has been represented within the article. It would be even better if you could find an article about this journalists work before the 'truth' came out - Compare and contrast - How did people react towards the journalist before the truth came out and how different was the reaction once the truth was found - how did the media represent the truth?

Shouldn't your teacher have given you their email - so in situations like this you would be able to contact them for help? Our teachers did.

I hope i haven't confused you. :)

Last edited:

sammi260

President of the World
HSC
no you havent confused me. lol. you were really helpful. thanks heaps. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)