what are my chances?need help asap! (1 Viewer)

lingling888

HSC
hey all!
i just got my UAI...but is not good enough to get into commerce at unsw Anyways my question is: i was wondering would it be easier to get into commerce at unsw, if i do B Art first in unsw or do commerce at Macquarie and then transfer into unsw in the 2nd year or something...
can someone please help me! desperately need this to be answered!! thank you!

HSC
how about economics at unsw? they do exact same core as commerce students for first year

lingling888

HSC
lol yeh i just thought of that after i posted up this thread...
cos i want to do commerce/art, a combine degree....and like i saw economics/art..it has a lower uai to get into...so would be easy to change economics into commerce after the one yr and make it into a commerce/art degree, rather than doing B Art itself and then later combining it together...

thanks!

haru

HSC
Casmira said:
how about economics at unsw? they do exact same core as commerce students for first year
Whats the GPA to transfer in to Commerce?

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
to get into com/law its between credit and distinction (of course having a high uai helps too).

HSC
haru said:
Whats the GPA to transfer in to Commerce?
it varies, half your uai and half your gpa avg. the closer your uai is too the requirement, the less of a higher GPA you need

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
lingling888 said:
lol yeh i just thought of that after i posted up this thread...
cos i want to do commerce/art, a combine degree....and like i saw economics/art..it has a lower uai to get into...so would be easy to change economics into commerce after the one yr and make it into a commerce/art degree, rather than doing B Art itself and then later combining it together...

thanks!
Your best chance is to put B Commerce as your first preference (as no one knows what the cutoffs will be next year). Second preference should be B Economics and then third pref should be B Arts (also, it's Arts not Art).

Whether it's "easier" doing Arts or Econ first year...well, it's easier doing Economics in the sense that the first year subjects are exactly the same as Commerce, so you won't be "behind" if you transfer to Comm in 2nd year. You could do 2 commerce firt yr subjects per semester in an Arts degree, but if you transfer, you'll be a tad behind .

The next thing is you need good marks in first year, so whatever degree you're in, you have to do well in those subjects to increase your chances of getting that transfer.

FYI - I'm not sure if its changed, but the policy of the FCE (well, the Faculty of Business now..) was to take the higher of UAI or 1st year results in considering transfers. I started with a B Ec in 2003 and transferred to B Comm in 2004 with a distinction average, if that helps. (I'm not sure what the standard is these days)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)