What are you currently Reading? (3 Viewers)

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
I hardly read at all but I found this book on the coffee table and thought I'd give it a go - see if it's any good.

It's called 'The Grown-Ups' by Victoria Glendinning.

First sentence: There's more to love then fucking.

Anyone happened to have read it before?

It's not to bad for the first 1.5 chapters. lol

HSC
The Atonement Ian McEwan, better than the movie OF COURSE according to the book Cecilia looks like a horse...keira knightly is farrrr from horselike!
about to start the blind assasin Margaret Atwood...she didn't impress me with Oryx and Crake.
im in the middle of Charles Dickens Bleak House, but i hit a wall with it, i find it difficult to read hefty books all in one go

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
The way of the peaceful warrior - Dan Millman

FATASTIC book!!!!

kara42

HSC
I recently finished Looking For Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta for school, and am now reading Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy for fun. :)

KhyryKay

HSC
kara42 said:
I recently finished Looking For Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta for school, and am now reading Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy for fun. :)

you should read "on the jellicoe road" by melina marchetta, i loved it, out of her three books this was by far the best though it takes a bit to get into its a weird start. but worth it.

i just finished 'Into the Looking Glass War" by Frank Beddor. its a great book. =]

vasuu91

HSC
for school- brave new world

non school-- 1000 splendid suns by khalid hosseini (the author of kite runner)-- awesome book...a must read for everyone!!!

stillwaters

HSC
||| to Taskan AH stuff....
and MH stuff....
and I also read Catcher in the Rye by J.D> Salinger....

it was so modern sounding. and alot of the whining and moaning about the phonies were pretty spot on... :p having had my fair share of being angry at the world and hsc.... but then i left it on the school table and then two pages got ripped out so im going to need to perform book transplant from an english dept. faculty version of it... i got it from the local library... :S

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Best book ever - I can't put it down.
Seriously - Ive read 500 pages in 5 days, when I should be studying

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)