What are you currently Reading? (7 Viewers)

Audranda

HSC
I just finished reading Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen - it was quite good. I just started reading Winter's Bone by Daniel Woodrell.

myrraangel

HSC
I've just finished "The Pianist" by Wladyslaw Spzilman. I enjoyed it a lot. If you watched the movie (same name), I think you would like the novel. Hey does anyone have notes on "Tales from Outer Suburbia" by Shaun Tan? :)

blueskyy

HSC
Uni Grad
Just finished 'The Immortal Prince' by Jennifer Fallon. It's got a perfect blend of medieval politics, mystery, romance and adventure plus a really excellently built world to set it all in with a rich history. I'd definitely recommend it to any fantasy lover :)

Alias

HSC
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley... it's so boring i cant even bring myself to turn the page D:
It's not that bad. Granted I'm only two chapters in. It may not be the best piece of literature, but you have to appreciate the classics.

Alias

HSC
It's not that bad. Granted I'm only two chapters in. It may not be the best piece of literature, but you have to appreciate the classics.
Did you do any Extension English courses Will?

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
I've just finished "The Pianist" by Wladyslaw Spzilman.I enjoyed it a lot. If you watched the movie (same name), I think you would like the novel. Hey does anyone have notes on "Tales from Outer Suburbia" by Shaun Tan? :)
That would be autobiographical wouldn't it? I've seen the movie and it's a heart breaker :-( but I'll add it to the reading list.

I'm currently in the middle of Hemingway's "A Farewell to Arms".

Last edited:

levelup888

HSC
Currently reading 'Close to the Bone' By Stuart MacBride. I'm loving it so far, always loved his Logan McRae series :D

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
Reading We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver. Really liking the first person voice.

Zelda_1

HSC
Currently reading Carrie by Stephen King and The Art of War by Sun Tzu. Love both at the moment. Recently finished reading Nineteen-eighty four for the 3rd time one of my all-time favourite reads :smile:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Tristram Shandy, by Laurence Sterne.

The lack of punctuation (from a modern viewpoint) that occurred in the 1760s makes this book interesting for me, in terms of having to intone certain parts of the sentence for it to make sense. Really makes you think about how intonation can create meaning for a series of words that seem to have no meaning otherwise.

levelup888

HSC
Just finished off 'Close to the Bone' and I'm reading 'The Illiad' and soon 'The Odyssey' by Homer.

So far I'm liking the Illiad though i'm only like a chapter or two in :D

studded

HSC
I'm starting to read 1984 by George Odwell. I'm sure many people here are familiar with it. :redface:

Kroose65

HSC
N/A
I'm reading The Histories by Herodotus and it's awesome if you like history, although his historical account is a bit blurred by the tales of flying snakes and his ability to, well, make something up every now and then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)