What are you currently Reading? (2 Viewers)

Lainee

HSC
I just finished reading Middlesex. The writing was so absolutely delicious. Going to have to re-read that again and again and again!

My current read is a novel by Daphne Du Maurier called Rebecca, I've read most of her other novels and they were excellent and this one seems very promising as well.

walrusbear

HSC
Lainee said:
I just finished reading Middlesex. The writing was so absolutely delicious. Going to have to re-read that again and again and again!
i thought middlesex was brilliant. i like his style because it's pretty simple but conveys bizarre and interesting ideas effectively.
it's probably the only hermaphrodite/family epic i'll ever read

J

jhakka

Just read The Bourne Legacy by Eric Van Lustbader. Now, once again, continuing Dragon Wing until I get a hold of Scarecrow.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Oscar Wilde- The Major Works (for fun, I promise)... currently up to Portrait of Dorian Gray

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
Finished
Resteraunt at the End of the Universe - Douglas Adams

Starting
Gormenghast - Mervyn Peake

PS. Anyone know where specifically I can buy the original Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books. I have a messed up complex about new books that makes me not buy the newly released combined books, even if it is only $13.- :)

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
Jumbo Cactuar said:
PS. Anyone know where specifically I can buy the original Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books. I have a messed up complex about new books that makes me not buy the newly released combined books, even if it is only $13.- :)
ebay!....more chacactrars.....

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. It's not bad but it's not really a type of book I'd be into.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Currently reading One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
im attempting to read David Copperfield by Dickens...don't know how successful its been. Im finding it really hard to get into, and am not really into that sort of thing, but i saw it somewhere for 50c so thought what the hell

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
lourai*87 said:
im attempting to read David Copperfield by Dickens...don't know how successful its been. Im finding it really hard to get into, and am not really into that sort of thing, but i saw it somewhere for 50c so thought what the hell
Yet another great quality of books; you can buy 3 or 4 second-hand books (or more apartently) for the price of a 2 hour movie. :D

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
School:
Flauberet's Parrot - Julian Barnes
Damn Extension English (shakes fist)

For leisure im reading "God's Callgirl" - Carla Van Raay (the memoirs of a nun turned prostitute!!)

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Jumbo Cactuar said:
Yet another great quality of books; you can buy 3 or 4 second-hand books (or more apartently) for the price of a 2 hour movie. :D
THe copy i bought is 40 years old. It sucks that its a library book and some shit has written all over it and the binding is dodgy, but still :p

Oh, and yes 1984 is by George Orwell...read that for English. Not too bad actually, though he comes up with some disturbing content. Anyone read Animal Farm?

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Yeah I've read both. We had Animal Farm on our syllabus for Yr 9.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)