What are you currently Reading? (3 Viewers)

J

jhakka

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.

I was pleasantly surprised by Angels and Demons. It wasn't written brilliantly, but I liked the story and it's pace. Go team.

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
The "Kydd" series by Julian Stockwin
English seafaring novels set in naplionic/nelsonic era
very good, but the author has only written 7 of the 15 books in the series so far

iwannarock

HSC
motley crues the dirt.

it was a book that i had been planning to read for ages.

its probably the first book i've read by choice since like year 5.

and it was f00kin awesome.
:santa:

nicole21290

HSC
pakigal said:
Not without my daughter by Betty Mahmoody, at times it dragged but overall it was pretty good
Yeah - I read that one a couple of years ago. It was pretty good and I found most of it pretty interesting but probably because I just find the cultural and religious stuff from there really fascinating. I'm easy though - I like most books. :)

X

xeuyrawp

Josie said:
Decent verse like Homer's isn't poetry in the same sense as most of the absolute shite you read that calls itself poetry these days.
Oh dear. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I finished Mark Haddon's Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, and I loved it so much that I got A Spot of Bother and read it in one sitting. Can definitely recommend. :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I'm reading The Magus by John Fowles atm courtesy of Ameh, who borrowed from her friend Alice who borrowed it from somewhere else. I'd better finish it quickly. :eek:
jhakka said:
The Sky Warden and the Sun by Sean Williams.
I read that book a while back. 'Tis cool. Yet another factor toward your coolness.

J

jhakka

Every Williams book I've read so far has been really good. Best fantasy author I've read in yonks.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
jhakka said:
Every Williams book I've read so far has been really good. Best fantasy author I've read in yonks.
They are good - though I wish Williams went further with this series than he did, such an interesting world.

J

jhakka

If you haven't already done so, read The Books of the Cataclysm, because it comes back to Sal, Shilly, Skender and co. :)

I'm actually reading the Books of the Change because I enjoyed the Cataclysm ones so much.

pradence.mjpx

HSC
started reading the Potters again... not so much time left to read em before the new one comes out... yay

justCARLA

HSC
Rose By Any Other Name.. by Maureen McCarthy

I just finished it..
I liked it however the story line didnt develop the way I thought it would.

I am also reading In the lake of the woods by Tim O'Brien.
It's an amazing book, about Vietnam and a man who has a split personality.. the way the book is set out is really intriguing and I'm loving it!

nicole21290

HSC
Last night I read Brave New World and today I'm reading an encyclopaedia of Greek gods/goddesses/places etc - it's great!

ellen.louise

HSC
I started reading A Clockwork Orange today but couldn't get through it... the writer conveniently forgot that most people aren't gonna understand what the hell he's on about (tooooooooo much colloquial, makes for slow and jolty reading.)

Then was a toss up between Catch 22 and About A Boy
Catch 22 won.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)