What are you currently Reading? (3 Viewers)

corsalui

HSC
Well lately I haven't been reading anything. We had a gruelling term and we had to read Jane Austen's Emma, which I didn't even finish! I can't read Jane Austen!

Next term its a bit of a problem though as my class is re-doing Pride and Prejudice for the HSC. Already done in Year 10!

Any tips for reading Jane Austen? Much appreciated.

But anyway back to books:

Just started "Nineteen Minutes" by Jodi Picoult and I am already enjoying it.

Also reading "Bonjour Tristesse" for French class. Just a short novel, recommended for anyone studying French

Year 12 HSC Subjects:
English Adv.
General Maths
Modern History
French Cont. and Ext
German Cont. and Ext

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Oh, currently reading: A Wolf at the Table by Augusten Burroughs. It's good so far, I prefer his other books, mainly Sellevision, though.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
suzlee said:
Oh my god this legendary book!!!! Marcus Zusak is a genius :uhhuh:
I cried my guts out at the ending.... The whole thing was just so believable! I'm not much of a reader but this book had me reading all day and night.
I'd recommend this book to absolutely anyone. Seriously. Loved it!
Yes! during my pretrials I pretty much just read that book rather than studying

I just finished reading the other boleyn girl by phillipa gregory, and started to kill a mockingbird [again] becuase i cbf going and buying new books to read.

anii e

HSC
Pandora's Daughter - Iris Johansen

You'll just have to read it to find out what its about..
Mwahaha..

:D

Last edited:

not.addie

HSC
The Death of Kings: Medical History of the Kings and Queens of England- by Clifford Brewer.

Despite the heading etc, it's really really interesting and a tad depressing when it describes how they died. Like one of the kings- forgot which one- got a hot poker stuck up his ass and died from that. It's scary that it's non-fiction as well since all of the cases apparently happened. Half of them died from syphilis though :S haha as expected.

cait33

Doctor's Companion
HSC
Well im attempting to read the dark side of Camelot for extension... a bit late i know!
bleh

hmm hot poker up ass, i heard about that.... its always the example that stays with you. wasnt there a king killed on the loo too?

a bit off topic but thats what happens when you procrastinate!

Epistemophobia

Serenity Painted Death
HSC
wonder how many of you ran to get a book so that you could actually answer the question truthfully. laughs

Cardea

HSC
Finnikin of the Rock, Melina Marchetta - it's her newest book on the shelves and it's fantasy :uhhuh:

bawd

HSC
The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan. Beautiful book. Now starting Under the Greenwood Tree by Thomas Hardy.

GET FREE

HSC
Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire.

I was talking about the musical to a friend and then she told me she owned the book.

I'm only half way through, and its a bit thick in the way that each conversation seems to last a few pages and then it'll move quickly to another event in the storyline. Its like fast-forwarding a video and then watching parts of it in slow motion.

But the concept, the characters and the developmet of everything is really good. And everything about the setting is so detailed.

Tires

Banned
HSC
How to assemble a bomb capable of blowing up a bus by Muhammed Bin Abu Mustafa Ahmed Maqtooq.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Tires said:
How to assemble a bomb capable of blowing up a bus by Muhammed Bin Abu Mustafa Ahmed Maqtooq.
lulz

just started wuthering heights by emily bronte

bawd

HSC
midifile said:
lulz

just started wuthering heights by emily bronte
I got bored reading a few pages. I don't care how awesomely tragic of a love story it is, the language style just makes me crack up.

Currently reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)