What are you currently Reading? (1 Viewer)

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
the road is a pretty good book. Its really bleak, but i think the part that makes it unique is its writing style. Its a great example of the power of simplicity

its also not that long of a read, you should be able to smash it out over a few days or even 1 day if you have the time
Be right back. Going to check if my school library has this book. It seems familiar to me. Was it written by Mccarthy?

Lentern

HSC
To Play the King by Michael Dobbs, read it a hundred times before and it never gets old. The political junkies bible.

Lentern

HSC
The Age of Innocence-Edith Wharton. So far I'm unimpressed.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
The Age of Innocence-Edith Wharton. So far I'm unimpressed.
Yeah, I got halfway through and was the same. It's a very 'meh' story. Writing is unremarkable. It's hard to sympathise with characters getting wildly upset over social faux pas' that are now common place. Erosion of society, destruction of morality, etc.

Lentern

HSC
Yeah, I got halfway through and was the same. It's a very 'meh' story. Writing is unremarkable. It's hard to sympathise with characters getting wildly upset over social faux pas' that are now common place. Erosion of society, destruction of morality, etc.
I read Ethan Frome recently and found it obscenely sexist and backward but a friend defended her saying "Oh but that's not her best work, she's really great blah blah blah" so that's why I'm reading it, but really it's only marginally better.

WeaselPowa

HSC
Re-reading Skulduggery Pleasant written by Derek Landy. For anyone who hasn't read it, I highly recommend the book :). Especially if you enjoy comedy and action ^^

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Oh I know that book "Fifty Shades of Grey", didn't like it though.

PiperCat

HSC
This is exactly how i feel all the time! I wander up and down my book shelves looking for something to read.
I just finished MIDDLESEX by Jeffrey Eugenides, this book was powerful but disturbing. The first time i tried to read it i ended up putting it down because some of the themes in the book are disturbing (incest, pedophilia). I do recommend this book if you are not too sensitive to such topics.
Also, i just finished WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KEVIN. This book was a very slow starter which may turn a lot of people off because the book is fairly long and doesn't really get going till about half way, but if you are reading this book please continue because it all wraps up nicely at the end and it was a really interesting read.

kfnmpah

HSC
Just started The Road by Cormack McCarthy yesterday.
Goodness me, it is bleak but at the same time it is utterly inspiring.
The prose is orgasm inducing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)