what are you dropping? (2 Viewers)

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Dropping Eco for sure. Don't really have anything against it, it's that a shit teacher combined with massive amounts of content isn't good. :)

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
Yo, stupid year 11ers, DO NOT drop Legal Studies! It is soo cool!

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
Chinese or Business. I'm undecided because I'm ranked low for both of them and lost motivation right afterwards. D:

catherinet

HSC
I'm dropping my balls! (sorry, i just HAD to say that... fucked up sense of humour)
:p

I'm tossing up between Legal and Business.

Reasoning:
- Business scales shit, but if i try moderately hard, i can easily go well
- Legal is dry and boring, Teacher is good but is never there, everyone in my class is smart. BUT I know that if i actually did my work, i could be ok at it.

conflicted

Last edited:

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
How bad is business? My rank was pretty bad and plus the bad scaling, I'm dead...

Are languages good? I heard they are but I gave up on homework and everything since being ranked second last O_O But then last year, everyone got band 6's at our school.

AS.

HSC
Good riddance to Engineering Studies. Would be a good and easy course for me if it wasn't for the shitty teacher, who starts up topics after the exams and assessment tasks. grrrrr....
And if i can cope with four unit maths next year i'll drop legal. Great class but i'm more bio and chem orientated. Depends if i end up improving my time management skills...

SimonLee13

HSC
Geography, awesome teacher cept i have legal+eco as well... way too much stuff to read/memorise

arumisan

HSC
Chemistry, most likely, this is the subject that i'm like failing at. teacher is boring hence i'm not learning at all, and it's dragging my grades in other subjects.

j.chanel

HSC
Im having the same problem. I do Art offline cause it clashed with biology but i think its disadvantaging me not being in class and so does my teacher. Im thinking of dropping bio so i have a better chance in art.

I think you should drop what you dont do as well in or what you dont enjoy =]

Good luck!

McSpitfire

Wendell Sailor
The grandstands at OKI Jubilee.. (Actually, Cronul
HSC
It's a toss between Community and Family Studies and IPT for me.

Damn CAFS is way too boring for me... it's the same thing every lesson. Look through workbook, answer questions, discuss, discuss, answer questions, read info, answer questions. If we were copying stuff off the board I wouldn't find it boring. All the info is in our workbook and that's no fun... I should have chosen Business Studies or Chemistry >_<

IPT is like, meh. It's like IST but more boring. Our teacher makes us watch powerpoints every lesson that are like, 30 slides each and that takes up a lot of self-learning time.

I'd have to see how well I go in the yearly exams to make a decision on both.

bawd

HSC
Ancient History. Most unfortunate since the content is quite interesting, but the fact that it involves reciting facts and details makes it quite boring. Wish I did Modern History instead.

S o r - P o r

HSC
Business Services. The course is very useful for the future but it's very time-consuming, with the whole work placement thing and my class is rather disruptive. It was on the same line as Math but I didn't want to do Math so I chose Business Services instead.

o7nesss

Behind that Tree
HSC
its not really that hard...but yea i gues sit could be...

just pick the subject that your doing worst in...weather you like it or not...
if you wanna get the marks i guess thats what you do...

OR

if you REALLY HATE THE SUBJECT AND CANT LIVE WITH IT ANYMORE...

dont let your friends or teachers affect your decision...
stay strong :)

i dropped a subject that i loved and my mates were in it but it was my worst...im not regretting it...i still talk to my mates and stuff and im going fine...

jazzbaby

HSC
McSpitfire said:
It's a toss between Community and Family Studies and IPT for me.

Damn CAFS is way too boring for me... it's the same thing every lesson. Look through workbook, answer questions, discuss, discuss, answer questions, read info, answer questions. If we were copying stuff off the board I wouldn't find it boring. All the info is in our workbook and that's no fun... I should have chosen Business Studies or Chemistry >_<

IPT is like, meh. It's like IST but more boring. Our teacher makes us watch powerpoints every lesson that are like, 30 slides each and that takes up a lot of self-learning time.

I'd have to see how well I go in the yearly exams to make a decision on both.
those were the exact to subz i was tossing up between...
IPT is pretty easy but a bit boring...
BUT
Cafs totally sucks imo
i hate it SO much
so it has to go :D

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Continuum said:
Dropping Eco for sure. Don't really have anything against it, it's that a shit teacher combined with massive amounts of content isn't good. :)
Same here.

btw How many of these threads has there been?

bawd

HSC
Continuum said:
Application and understanding of content is actually more important than regurgitating textbooks, but I agree that a shit teacher makes it quite boring.

Smith2K7

HSC
society and culture is the biggest bludge, I really have grudge on bludges towards my HSC.

should I????????

tapas

HSC
Depends, is it a bludge because you find it easy or because you don't actually learn anything?

Dropping chem :D I think...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)