what are you going to do with your major work after the hsc? (1 Viewer)

kallan

HSC
mines going straight to the pool room lol
probably not actually, but ill more than likely keep it. Might hang it on my wall, or stash it somewhere and find it again in time to show the grandkids.
pool room~ lol~ the castle~

Bites

HSC
You're all so fucking pretentious hahahaha.

"Oh, I guess I'll sell it to the highest bidder"

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK.

JOSH.

HSC
This is my friend's major work. It's a portrait of President Barack Obama. He hasn't finished it, but I'm going to bid on it at the artshow. Some of my other friends also want it though, so we're all bidding on it.

I think it's fucking hilarious.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
I've become so emotionally attached to my body of work that I really couldn't let it go. Having said that, I'm giving a couple as gifts to my art teacher and another art teacher.
Out of the other works, the two drawings are getting framed, my painting of Tim Minchin is getting framed and the other three (two canvas paintings and one on timber) are also getting hung on my wall but without frames.
I wouldn't be able to sell them. Not ever.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Already have an offer to buy from the company from whom I bought the wholesale materials, to put in their reception. Because 'wed never thought anyone could make art out of coathanger clips'

Hooray for unconventional materials!

rougesummer101

medical misc
HSC
I'd wanna keep it maybe. though my mums kinda a homophobe and there is a HUGE! portrait of a 'homosexual' though there such gorgeous photographs. i do really love them, maybe if i get into art express i can convince someone to buy it :D

molly45

HSC
definaty keeping it. without a doubt. i could never destroy it, not after all the work i put into it lol plus my parents are almost inlove with it so without a doubt theyll hang my casts in the loungeroom or something lol :)

thebrightside

HSC
I don't know what I'll do with them. I like two of them, one I don't like. I'll probably bring all three home, but they'll most likely get in the way and end up being stored away in the shed. I don't think I could look at them all the time if they were hanging up around the house... too frustrating.

jemmmmm

HSC
I could NEVER destroy my major work. It took me over 80 hours to make and its 20 sculpted abstract human figure things, which i have become incredibly attached to. Though, i wouldnt mind selling or giving it to an art gallery. That way it would be in good use. Any idea how we could go about selling our major work to an art gallery?? :)

blueduck

i dunno but i know exacty how fast im going
HSC
Out of the other works, the two drawings are getting framed, my painting of Tim Minchin is getting framed and the other three (two canvas paintings and one on timber) are also getting hung on my wall but without frames.
I wouldn't be able to sell them. Not ever.

holy shit!!! that sounds kick ass!! send me a photo and then sell to mighty minchin himself!! or if u cant sell then donate it to him and he might adopt u :D

and im selling mine...i got some offers at the school exhib :spin:....but im keepin my fave... should make just under a grand

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
holy shit!!! that sounds kick ass!! send me a photo and then sell to mighty minchin himself!! or if u cant sell then donate it to him and he might adopt u :D
Tim by ~Cinnamonster on deviantART
That be my Tim! <3
What I meant by never being able to sell them is the fact that I would never want to let them go.
I've become so emotionally attached to that painting of Tim in particular out of all my other works and I would never dream of selling it or letting it go, not even for a ridiculous amount of money and not even for the real Tim, heh. I love it too much.
Actually, I can't wait to get my body of work back from the Board already. I'm having withdrawals :(

jemmmmm

HSC
Actually, I can't wait to get my body of work back from the Board already. I'm having withdrawals :(
That amazing work!
and I know what you mean...im so attached to my sculptures that I just want them back NOW! I keep having dreams that they come back to me in shattered pieces :/

Good luck in the exam tomorrow everyone :D

7oas7y

HSC
I'ma thinkin' of just'a lettin' the school keep it.
Hummmmmm....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)