What Are You Reading? (1 Viewer)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Kelly Country -- It's pretty interesting/ammusing. It's pretty much what coulda have happened if the train derailed and the Glennrowan seige didn't happen.. We're a Republic in it ;)

..I'm reading the GNW books at the same time as well ;) hehe, they're hilarious. Subject you get them :p

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by Darkiris
blood and gold was good but i still love interview the most i think

have you read the new one? if so any good?
Blackwood Farm? I got it for Xmas last year but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by Mojoman
High Society is an awesome book!!
is it? yeah i think i screwed it up though, it's like part of a series isn't it? well high society is the first ben elton book i'm reading

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by johnson
is it? yeah i think i screwed it up though, it's like part of a series isn't it? well high society is the first ben elton book i'm reading
nah its not part of a series.. its just a book...
other ben elton books i recommend are dead famous and popcorn...
dead famous is one of the best books i've ever read

is a roflcopter
HSC
Originally posted by johnson
leo tolstoy's massive anna karenina
i was a cocky year 9 kid when i tried to tackle it
i dumped it within 30 pages.....or rather it dumped me :(

trying again after hsc

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I'm reading 2...

John Grisham-The Firm
(farfetched storyline, but enjoyable nonetheless..)

Oliver Sacks-The man who mistook his wife for a hat
(been meaning to read this for awhile...it's an interestingn read)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by Newbie
i was a cocky year 9 kid when i tried to tackle it
i dumped it within 30 pages.....or rather it dumped me :(

trying again after hsc
i was sposed to read it last year for some distinction course thing, cept i only read the first 6 chapters (out of 8).

it sounds really geeky but i kind of really like classics and old stuff written ages ago.. it's so itneresting to read about people from a different time to us...

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
My 'To Read' list has sky-rocketed from 10 to 50 or so, after being given many history-type books yesterday. (Including 35 volumes of 'The Complete Works Of Lenin'. :p)

But as for what I'm reading currently;
Ed.David Couzens Hoy-Foucault:A Critical Reader.

I haven't read enough of it to really give a judgement yet, but that Hitler book did end up being interesting stuff. I read the last 400 pages within the last 24 hours, seeing I was finally freed from the pressure of the Trials..

s2ophie

HSC
there is so many books i want to be reading at the moment but if i start i won't have time for anything else. I'm one of those people who starts reading soemthing and can't do anything else. Therefore i am torturing myself and not readin anything until after the HSC

Juliet

HSC
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I give it atm 6/10

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by Juliet
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I give it atm 6/10
Damn the Brontes.

Jane Eyre, you suck.

I'm starting a book called "Chain of Hearts" by Maureen McCarthy. The cover drew me in.

S

staity

the mistake i made with tolstoy was reading war and peace before anna karenina. i read war and peace in like 2 weeks (a COMMITTED 2 weeks!) and it was a really really good book. although theres so many characters and plots and so much happens that you finish it, and you cant remember what happened in the first half anyway. anna karenina was just too ordinary for me, and usually i give it like 200 pages before i give up, but after that it still just didnt hold anything. i just read Moby Dick, and im now reading the Count of Monte Cristo.

flisb

it sounds really geeky but i kind of really like classics and old stuff written ages ago.. it's so itneresting to read about people from a different time to us...
- yeh me too...... well, i just think its fun to read something a bit more meaningful sometimes.. have you read "The Picture of Dorian Gray"? by Oscar Wilde? its soooooooo good.. and kinda creepy... but yes.. i'm also one of those ppl who get completely distracted when reading a book.. so i'm trying to stop until after the hsc.. even though at the moment i'm reading The Caucasian Chalk Circle by Brecht.. which i think will hepl me in drama.

HSC
the geisha of gion - every book based on japanese history is so rich
the bride stripped bare - my friend used it for 3u gendered language. its structure is irritating but it's nice to read about sex for a change (post-trials....)
enigma - first half is a bit demanding. i'm struggling but i like it.

HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
Damn the Brontes.

Jane Eyre, you suck.

I'm starting a book called "Chain of Hearts" by Maureen McCarthy. The cover drew me in.
posted my msg then read yours. its a great book. when you've finished try "when you wake and find me gone", its got alot of history about ireland, well worth the read.

Yami

School Related: The Book of 5 Rings by Miyamoto Musashi (translated). This seriously helped my Extension History Project and my kendo skills. I give it 8/10, it's only good if you like Japanese history.

Non-School: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, by J.K Rowling. I don't care what everyone says, Harry Potter is cool!

inasero

Reborn
HSC
one weird book i have read is "zen and the art of shooting".....and i think theres plenty of spiritual mumbo jumbo in there...like i mean, how are you supposed to "become one" with your bow?!

but atm i am reading "the chronicles of narnia", by C.S.Lewis. Helps to have a knowledge of Christian ethics since it makes the illusions all the more apparent.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)