What Are You Reading? (2 Viewers)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I started to read "Blackwood Farm" by Anne Rice, but I haven't quite gotten into yet.

mayberry

Originally posted by still ill
terry pratchett is great
have you read good omens? his collaberation with niel gaiman, another favourite author of mine
no, i've actually never heard of niel gaiman till a few days ago, when my sis told me to read good omens (weird hey) does he write the same kind of stuff as terry pratchett?

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I read Christopher Marlowe-Doctor Faustus this afternoon..Quite the interesting play.

I think Shakespeare 'borrowed' a line from it in King Lear;

Dr Faustus.
Benvolio-But yet my heart's more ponderous than my head. (Act IV, Scene III, Line 27)

King Lear
Cordelia-I am sure, my loves
More ponderous than my tongue.
(Act I, Scene I, Lines 59-60)

Someone should sue. ;)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
I read Christopher Marlowe-Doctor Faustus this afternoon..Quite the interesting play.

I think Shakespeare 'borrowed' a line from it in King Lear;

Dr Faustus.
Benvolio-But yet my heart's more ponderous than my head. (Act IV, Scene III, Line 27)

King Lear
Cordelia-I am sure, my loves
More ponderous than my tongue.
(Act I, Scene I, Lines 59-60)

Someone should sue. ;)
someone else is reading marlowe! yeah!...hahah.....marlowe in my opinion is so much betta than shakespeare....shakespeare praticalli gets half of his inspiration from marlowe...pirty marlowe died earli and wasnt able to publish as mani plays as shakespeare.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
someone else is reading marlowe! yeah!...hahah.....marlowe in my opinion is so much betta than shakespeare....shakespeare praticalli gets half of his inspiration from marlowe...pirty marlowe died earli and wasnt able to publish as mani plays as shakespeare.
Cool. Funnily enough, 'Doctor Faustus' is the only Marlowe I've read. Which plays would you recommend next?

Franz Kafka-The Complete Short Stories..

Some of these are brilliant, especially in their brevity. Like how 'The Cares Of A Family Man' is only five paragraphs long, yet it manages to raise deep questions and create an utterly creepy mood within such a short space. Greatness..

As Gregor Samsa awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a gigantic insect..

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Im currently reading E-MYTH

i read a whole list of different books on business and investment

I RECOMMEND:

- Rich Dad Poor Dad
- Cashflow Quadrant
- Guide to Investing
(Robert Kiyosaki is the author)
- Creating Wealth (Robert Allen)
- Treading for a Living (Dr. Alexander Elder)
- Investment Biker (Jim Rogers)
- Beating the Street (Peter Lynch)

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
A Not-So Thrilling Update: I'm continuing to read through that anthology (In my spare time), and I'm presently up to;
Franz Kafka-Josephine The Singer, Or The Mouse Folk.

Just finished 'The Burrow', which is really good. Possibly the most 'paranoid' story I've read, with a very claustrophobic, with our unidentified protagonist constantly pondering on the potential invaders of his burrow. It's a lot better in the actual work though. :p

Am currently reading Psychology for Dummies and once I finish that intend on reading A Modern Utopia by HG Wells. Both for recreation. I was glad that Brave New World was a set English text because I quite enjoyed it.

But I recently finished - So long and thanks for all the fish. The 4th book in the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy trilogy of 5.

Am currently reading Psychology for Dummies and once I finish that intend on reading A Modern Utopia by HG Wells. Both for recreation. I was glad that Brave New World was a set English text because I quite enjoyed it.

But I recently finished - So long and thanks for all the fish. The 4th book in the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy trilogy of 5.

augie

This weekend Ive been skim- reading Maestro by Peter Goldsworthy and Oscar and Lucinda by Peter Carey
Australian literature is tops

Is Terry Pratchett the guy who writes about talking animals?? :apig: ....heh.. couldnt resist

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Compiled and edited by Michael H.Dodgeon & Samuel N.C.Lieu-The Roman Eastern Frontier And The Persian Wars A D 226-363: A Documentary History.

It's interesting stuff, being able to read not only the 'events', but the particular biases through which they were historiographically interpreted..There's a very clear divide between the interpretations of 'Christian' and 'Pagan' historians, for instance..

mayberry

Originally posted by augie
This weekend Ive been skim- reading Maestro by Peter Goldsworthy and Oscar and Lucinda by Peter Carey
Australian literature is tops

Is Terry Pratchett the guy who writes about talking animals?? :apig: ....heh.. couldnt resist
what do you mean by "talking animals"? cos yeah, there probly are some in terry pratchett books, cos they are a bit weird,( but still very very kewl) if you've never read him, go out and do it now! we had to read maestro for english - it's alright, hey, better than most books we have to do for skewl anyhoo (NEVER NEVER NEVER read stony heart country - it is the crappiest book in the world, and we were forced to red it for english ):mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)