What Are You Reading? (1 Viewer)

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
F.Scott Fitzgerald-The Great Gatsby. (Only read the introduction as of yet. My copy is a Penguin Modern Classics print.)

Well I'm not Scott Fitzgerald, but I know a champagne birth-Augie March, 'Rich Girl'.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Hermann Broch-The Sleepwalkers.

With the study of the last fortnight, my 'reading for own interest/entertainment' has sadly been restricted...

carla

HSC
N/A
i CANNOT wait til after the exams so i can start reading books for leisure again instead of having to analyse every word

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Finally finished 'The Sleepwalkers'. Well worth the effort, excellent stuff..

Max Charlesworth-Philosophy And Religion: From Plato To Postmodernism. (Nothing like 'Light Reading' to keep myself going.)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i LOVE reading SO much, and i havent read ANYTHING all year apart from my school stuff. so i am SO looking forward to this friday, so i can start again (my exams finish thursday-woohoo!)

J

jhakka

Now reading Royal Assassin by Robin Hobb.

I got out of the habit of reading regularly for a good while, but now I'm reading heaps and loving it (again). :D

mayhemily

HSC
Yeah, I haven't done any "leisure reading" for quite a while. I have the last liveship trader book (Hobb, forget the name) waiting for me so i'm going to get into that. BTW, does it annoy anyone else when authors don't finish the series they start, i.e Isobelle Carmody and the Obernewytn books. Five years and still waiting!

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by Farnarcle
Plato's 'Republic'.

Well, not really, I'm still in the intoduction, lol.
Nice. I used 'The Republic' as one of my three major texts for my Extension 2 dissertation. :p

It's good, even with the disturbing proto-facist overtones. A noble lie.

Last edited:

SmokedSalmon

HSC
Finished The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy before the exams started. Fantastic book!! Now am reading "Rip Van Winkle, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and other stories" (By Washington Irving).
Oh and need to get around finishing "The untold story of the wanda beach muders" (By Alan J Whiticker).

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I was reading Berlin - The Downfall 1945 but thats been put on hiatus during exams

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
ice station by matthew reilly and the devils mode by anthony burgess... i think im gunna stop reading the latter

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Tom Stoppard-Collected Plays Volume One.

I'd only read 'The Real Inspector Hound' previously, and with that being such a hillarious play, I figured I'd read the rest of it.. After Magritte is quite the funny work..

I never took semaphore as a sophomore, morse the pity :D

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
Tom Stoppard-Collected Plays Volume One.

I'd only read 'The Real Inspector Hound' previously, and with that being such a hillarious play, I figured I'd read the rest of it.. After Magritte is quite the funny work..

I never took semaphore as a sophomore, morse the pity :D

interstign ones..

iam reaidng tim rilye's yr 12 economcis 2003..as well as some chaos theory book..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)