what are your interests hobbies etc? (1 Viewer)

HSC
what would be some good interests and hobbies to discuss when applying for med?.

also i saw this on another website:

why do you want to study med?
is it for the money and respect, or do you honestly want to help people?

also, in an interview situation, if we say the latter, would they think that we're lying since that is the generic answer that everyone seems to give? what else could we say to distinguish us from the rest of the candidates?

oh, and to add to that, why would you want to study at a particular uni? Eg. UNSW- whats so good about it besides its reputation?

dolbinau

HSC
Talk about "Faking Good"...honestly just put your real hobbies/interests, unless they involve killing animals...

dolbinau

HSC
Lol ok, true. Hunting I guess would be acceptable (as you probably would guess, I meant like killing as in horror-movie-pre-dispoed-serial-killing style behaviour :p)

dolbinau

HSC
what if i have no interests or hobbies?
Yeah, that would be concerning, and you would probably be the type of person they would be trying to weed out :p, lol.

Come on, how do you spend your time when you're not at school?

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
model answer for hobbies/interests: "i like to dissect human bodies" it shows u have practiced the art of dissection, are interested in medicine, know basic anatomy and could probably teach other students. the unis really love that.

disclaimer: i take no responsibility for the potential outcomes of this response.

HSC
Yeah, that would be concerning, and you would probably be the type of person they would be trying to weed out :p, lol.

Come on, how do you spend your time when you're not at school?
i dont really do anything. i just surf the net or watch tv. i hardly think the interviewers will be impressed by that.

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
maybe a hobby that shows some kind of sustained commitment and/or dedication? gardening, quilting, training for marathons (hah), anything that shows significant ability to stick to the program?

Dosu

HSC
N/A
maybe a hobby that shows some kind of sustained commitment and/or dedication? gardening, quilting, training for marathons (hah), anything that shows significant ability to stick to the program?
only morons fake/overanalyse this crap

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
This is pathetic. People asking what they're hobbies should be. Just answer it honestly ffs.

dolbinau

HSC
asking other people what hobbies I should put down on my UNSW application, which would make the interviewer think best of me.

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
oy oy I wasn't overanalyzing the benefits of pretending to have certain hobbies....my hobby actually is quilting. haha

Lukybear

HSC
Lying? - shows communication and interpersonal skills. But also indicate advance intellect, since effective lies are tricky and complicated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)