What atar can i get with these marks +) need help im burning out (1 Viewer)

byebye33

HSC
English Advanced
Rank 34/81 Mark 78 Average 76 AOS 14/20 Mod A 12/15 Creative 9/10

Biology
Rank 24/65 Mark 81 Average 75 1st Exam 20/24 Mid yearlies 54/70

Mathematics Extension 1
Rank 13/43 Mark 76 Average 63

Mathematics Extension 2
Rank 5/20 Mark 74 Average 70

Korean
Rank 1st Mark 91 Average 82

School rank is in 60s for 2015

I am really concerned with English Advanced and Biology in particular.
My biology teacher reckoned I performed worse than what I usually would have achieved (I was extremely sick during mid years)
My English teacher said I am improving so I have a chance at Band 6 but my tutor seemed to be quite concerned

Also I feel sick everyday and i feel mentally unstable everyday
it occasionally comes to a point that even small 'tackles' trigger my emotions alot
(I had it just then when I had English tutor haha couldn't hold my tears)
I feel really tired but unable to rest because I have trials and HSC coming up as well
Is there any ways to help these? I'm having weekly appointments with a psychologist but it doesn't seem to help me alot atm
Does school counselling help?
I wanted to go med and looking at my stupid marks compared to my other peers who are also aiming for med (many of them did well) makes me feel pathetic and stupid and I can't seem to get out of it.
Help?

Last edited:

the_matrix

HSC
I feel really tired but unable to rest because I have trials and HSC coming up as well
Is there any ways to help these? I'm having weekly appointments with a psychologist but it doesn't seem to help me alot atm
Does school counselling help?
I wanted to go med and looking at my stupid marks compared to my other peers who are also aiming for med (many of them did well) makes me feel pathetic and stupid and I can't seem to get out of it.
Help?
You should really get adequate rest (7hr sleep at least) and reward yourself with free time (during this time make sure you actually relax and stop worrying about work).
tbh counselling and all that only help to some extent, the rest depends on you. Sure, they can help create a timetable and routine but if you're not going to stick to it or decide to overload your timetable then there's no point.

You should be aware that medical school is not for everyone. Considering the fact that you're already tired of the HSC, my advice would be to consider another career because med school is 10x more intense. You have to realise one thing, that is your HSC is important but so is your health. If you end up get 99.95 but ruined your health and happiness, then what's the point right? Marks can be rectified and improved on, but sometimes your health can't once you ruin it.

I may sound harsh but believe me, I once had great ambitions like you. I orignally wanted to study software engineering with commerce, then do a masters of engineering but eventually I realised that a) it's not worth the effort and pain (I was really unhappy for 3 years when I pushed myself to the limit) 2) those courses weren't right for me. I basically said to myself, if I can't handle school stress how am I going to handle engineering school? Anyway, I opted for UNSW computer science honours instead and although it is a science degree, I feel much happier and optimistic doing my HSC.

I've been in a similar situation to you (I went counselling also) and it took me a lot of painful experiences to finally realise and accept that the HSC is not the be all and end all. I hope you realise that too.

We're all in this together
Once we know
That we are
We're all stars
And we see that

WOO we got this Class of 2K16!

Good luck dear friend!

Last edited:

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
There's more to life than the HSC.

Understand that - and your marks will improve.

ATAR wise - you're looking for 96.50 - 97.50. Remember, Medicine is ATAR + UMAT + Interview. UNSW for instance looks at you with 95 minimum, just make sure you're ready for the UMAT too. And like above just said, Medicine is a very very demanding degree. We all have dreams - but don't reach out too far because you'll end up hurting yourself. Not saying you can't do it, it's just what you're describing now is very concerning and you need to take care of yourself.

Subject wise, work on English and Bio and you may be able to hit 98-99+ :)

Not that I've tried school couselling (never went even when they called), but I think it would be a good idea to go. Fighting!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)