What can I do to study - other copy out class work when I get home (1 Viewer)

Ethaw

HSC
What can I do to study other than copy out class work when I get home (I do these notes corresponding to the syllabus to filter out junk)
Obviously I know about past papers but in year 11 these are very rare and hard to do for specific chapters within subjects or whatever.

Last edited:
HSC
-when you copy the class work, make sure it's summarised and worded to your liking
-then make up questions for yourself to see if you remember the content
-study time is for research too so look up stuff for a clearer understanding

Ethaw

HSC
-when you copy the class work, make sure it's summarised and worded to your liking
-then make up questions for yourself to see if you remember the content
-study time is for research too so look up stuff for a clearer understanding
Yeah I make sure it is really clear and concise, and background research I do a fair bit, especially for modern History and economics.
Could try the questions though.

HSC
Yeah I make sure it is really clear and concise, and background research I do a fair bit, especially for modern History and economics.
Could try the questions though.
that's a good habit. It will really benefit for upcoming tests because that means you have everything ready

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
Depending on what subject your doing sometimes just copying notes good the first time is ideal and making sure that it's legible for future study.

If your doing a humanitarian subject you can rely on just doing that until the teacher sets questions for homework but don't bother rewriting your notes at home unless you poorly did it in class. Sometimes some textbooks have questions in each chapter and although the teacher might not set them if you feel like you have time to go through them just set a couple to do for the night/week and go for it.

IF your doing mathematics and you want to study well the obvious answer is to do questions but at the same time keep a detailed collection of all your notes in class still! Use a separate book for your notes and a separate book for your working out. The same drill applies, unless your notes are atrocious don't bother rewriting.

For any subject it is always a good idea to try apply your knowledge so be on the lookout for questions. Sometimes you might not have the answer to these questions (humanitarian subjects) but what it does help you with is a good understanding of whether or not you are actually able to answer the questions and if not maybe it's a good idea to ask the teacher or your classmates for their opinion. Most of the time it's about understanding content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)