What case studies are you doing? (1 Viewer)

malayz_angel

We're doing appeasement for our case study. We didn't get a choice for ours...our teacher just picked it, hoping it might help us out in Modern. What are you all doing?

madam_pyro

HSC
N/A
we're doing Napoleon

hey bob the tomato I love you name :D

"look at the tomato, he can't dance"
- Larry

Paisley

Banned
Kennedy... I still think he's a champ though... especially since we read all the bad stuff about that bastard Hersh...

JessO

We're doing ALP Taylor- so is this the same as appeasement.... it is full on junk, i cant differentiate between content and so-called issues. But anyway- yes i am very kkeen to swap and share my notes :D

malayz_angel

Originally posted by JessO
We're doing ALP Taylor- so is this the same as appeasement.... it is full on junk, i cant differentiate between content and so-called issues. But anyway- yes i am very kkeen to swap and share my notes :D
ALP? I haven't done all that much work in Extension myself...but do you mean AJP Taylor? If so, yeah it would be the same as appeasement..we're doing him too

JessO

Yeah ALP Taylor and i'm lost with it! What have u got- I dont get what we will have to write in an exAm- would u like to swap notes? Im Keen :gridnod:

Andronicarse

The Mothership Connection
HSC
Originally posted by malayz_angel
Hehe...anyone else doing appeasement out there? I want to join this swapping notes trend!
Yeah I'm doing appeasement. But have done nothing on it. That's right, a year and not a debate written. So I will "share" all you have. HOHOHO!

JessO

Damn! That was my plan- to bludge from u- i can give u what if ive got but it aint much- have u done your trials yet?
What questions did they throw at u?

malayz_angel

My trials are on Monday...and I won't have time to cram till Sunday! I only have good notes on the historians but I don't know much about appeasement itself...that was where the note swapping thing was meant to come in :) looks like we are all screwed

JessO

Ok- Talked to my teacher today about 'issues'.....
He suggested we should focus on how and why AJP Taylor moved away from the version of history created at Nuremburg (ie. purpose and perspective).... this means discussing his theory that Hitler had no major plan, he was an improviser. ww2 was an accident etc.... and AJP's thesis means that the French and British were just as culpable as Hitler for starting it.
Other issues include Taylor's handling of documents, specifically hossbach memo and what other historians have said about this- rebuttle from hugh Trevor roper is relevant.
Well i dunno if this clarifies anything at all, but r u on the same track as me- if yes, lets do this note swapping thing and fast!

Beanie

HSC
Im doing JFK, and its really interesting to look at the different viewpoints. Id rather do Elizabeth the I, that would be cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)