What Did People Think Of CSSA Business exam ? (1 Viewer)

theprodigy

HSC
i got 1.35 too :):)
how much did people write for the business report?
thought the question was too specific to write alot about

Last edited by a moderator:

blahblah111

HSC
yay so seems like 1.35:1 may be correct
i actually wrote alot for the reprt.... bout 5pgs, but my writing is puney!
and for the case study question i wrote bout 6.5pgs :)
overall the most ive ever written in a business studies extended response!

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
WTF i got a percentage for that thingo that everyone got 1.35:1 for !!!!

HSC
hopefully 90's but prob. i know i got atleast 2 mutiple choice wrong and one short answer , so about 82-85.
what about you guys ?

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
WTF i got a percentage for that thingo that everyone got 1.35:1 for !!!!
1.35:1 is another way of expressing 135%
Usually it asks for a ratio, however in the industry average it was expressed as a percentage, so they would accept both.

hopefully 90's but prob. i know i got atleast 2 mutiple choice wrong and one short answer , so about 82-85.
what about you guys ?
I'm hoping I get 95-100. I can't see any questions which I've gotten wrong so far, so I think my essay and report will determine my mark, but I don't want to jinx myself.

ayehann

Procrastinator
HSC
anyone by any chance got a copy of the cssa test they can upload? i wpuld like to look at these interesting questions u all talk about...

northbank

HSC
Promise you that any question asks for gearing ratio its total debt over total equity. I got 134.7%, or 135%. That's the answer, which was slightly over double the industry average meaning its highly geared and in a dangerous position with regards to debt repayments. if the industry average is in percentage, you should always you percentage, rather than 1.35:1, not saying thats wrong tho.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Promise you that any question asks for gearing ratio its total debt over total equity. I got 134.7%, or 135%. That's the answer, which was slightly over double the industry average meaning its highly geared and in a dangerous position with regards to debt repayments. if the industry average is in percentage, you should always you percentage, rather than 1.35:1, not saying thats wrong tho.
Agreed

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
+1

Most textbooks don't even specify the other formulas that have been mentioned. I know that because my teacher uses two textbooks and I use my own book and I haven't seen any other formulas for gearing except for debt/equity.

Also, with presenting your answer, I think I'd have to take a bit of a different stance. I'd recommend you expressing your answer to what the given industry average is, but in saying that most of the time, it'll be a percentage.

supermike

HSC
N/A
hey how did everyone do the last essay question??? its the one about analysing expansion methods and their influence on financial objectives. i didn't know how to break it down and present a logical structure coz there r 5 methods and 5 objectives, right? so it seemed tediously long to do all 5 objectives for each method! so did anyone do dat or u just do one or two objectives for each method????????

cheers

Last edited:

spazamataz

HSC
i dont even remember my answer to that gearing question, but i remember it took me a while because i kept getting a really weird number, meh, hopefully i got it right.
I finished with an hour to go! It was soo easy (well i hope my mark reflects that) I ended up pretty much rewritting my essay with asterisks all through it referring the marker to the end for more writing lol, ill probably lose marks because it was so messy!

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
hey how did everyone do the last essay question??? its the one about analysing expansion methods and their influence on financial objectives. i didn't know how to break it down and present a logical structure coz there r 5 methods and 5 objectives, right? so it seemed tediously long to do all 5 objectives for each method! so did anyone do dat or u just do one or two objectives for each method????????

cheers
I had a lot of time on my hands, so I went through each method of expansion, discussed each one in a seperate paragraph, followed by a paragraph linked to my case study. Then I defined the influences briefly and how each method of expansion (if applicable to that objective) assisted in achieving that objective and in between each I linked it with my case study

supermike

HSC
N/A
I had a lot of time on my hands, so I went through each method of expansion, discussed each one in a seperate paragraph, followed by a paragraph linked to my case study. Then I defined the influences briefly and how each method of expansion (if applicable to that objective) assisted in achieving that objective and in between each I linked it with my case study

haha thanks dude, i didn't ve the luxury of time coz i write really slow!lolz

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
Leading edge both mentions debt to equity ratio and asset to debt ratio.

I think syllabus dot point is little bit confusing by the using the word "Gearing". My teacher who has been the HSC Executive marker also mentioned that it is little bit confusing that they did that. He reckons debt to equity ratio is more correct one according to Syllabus. I am not too sure, but surely, you should be able to back up ur response. After all, this is in-school exam. ^_^
I don't understand. I think the syllabus is very clear on what they want. I quote:

"Solvency - Gearing debt to equity"

Why have some people decided to teach something about assets to equity? Although its used in the business world, theres no mention of it in the HSC course?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)