What do I choose? (1 Viewer)

electrofatness

HSC
I've been thinking about doing law at uni, but I've been told that its not all its cracked up to be, ie its boring. Can anyone enlighten me on this? Also my other options would be medicine or journalism(communications). If anyone doing these courses has any advice or experience it would be appreciated, coz I'm a little bit unsure about what i want to do.

groovejet

HSC
N/A
I think choosing to do is something you really have to think about. Obviously you need to do really well in your HSC but you should have other options. What do you want to do in a few years time after school?

HSC
It's obvious that she's not doing those courses for the career, she must be doing it for the prestige and the education....

hellomike

HSC
Have you thought what kind of career or direction you would like to have? Do you want to study law and become a solicitor or work within law after you graduate? You have listed some other things you could do, from my view I think you should also consider them also.

electrofatness

HSC
watatank said:
It's obvious that she's not doing those courses for the career, she must be doing it for the prestige and the education....
I'm actually thinking of these courses because they're something i'm interested in and would be good at, and yes they do have a high academic standard, doesn't mean i want to do it just for the prestige

electrofatness

HSC
thats the thing i have been considering other things and now i'm not sure which one would be the best one for me. As for job/career/profession, something that requires you to think and that interests me, if i did law i would prob be looking more towards human rights law or similar

groovejet

HSC
N/A
I guess to the one course which you are most interested in. Anyway, if it doesn't work out, you can always transfer after a year.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
...did you want to consider Bachelor of Aeronautical engineering too? The UAI is higher than law.
How can you want to be a doctor, a journalist and a lawyer at the same time? Surely you prefer one over another, considering how different they are.

I mean, complex science, intense workloads, and helping people vs. reporting on events happening around the world vs. helping people through a knowledge of complicated legal systems

all radically different:
Medicine - physical/manual work
Law - usually verbal work
Journalism - written work

toadstooltown

1337 }{4><
HSC
N/A
If you're not sure about med, then don't do it. Med's gotta be something you've really got your heart on and they pick that up in the interview. I wouls suggest a double with either science/law, media communications/ law or arts/law. Law, as boring as I find it, is quite useful in the working world even if you aren't a soliciter. Pick science or arts/ communications depending on which you prefer and maybe with job prospects in mind. There's a high need for lawyers who actually understand science and can use it propperly in the courtroom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)