What do I do about a bad teacher? (1 Viewer)

TheFeared

HSC
So I love maths, and I thought I would enjoy 4u, find it a challenge and expect ups and downs but I have only experienced downs so far. This boils down to a bad teacher. We are meant to have four lessons per cycle(2 weeks) but sometimes only end up with one sometimes because he is doing something else. And the way he teaches is absolute $hi7, he doesn't know his work and expects us to get it straight away. He is the ONLY teacher within my school who is "capable" of teaching 4 unit and its going terrible. We have only just covered complex numbers and curve sketching, which we are doing a test on tomrorow. His "notes" show you one example of his steps and I just can't stand it. What the hell can I do? Complain? what will I achieve in that, I can't get any other 4u teacher

Sadiah

HSC
Awwww, you poor lil kid.

I haven't done Maths at all in my HSC years, so I have no idea what you are meant to be upto by now. However, as for your teacher .... Considering he's screwed in the head ... I think you should consult the head principal and tell them that you guys are falling behind, and that your teacher is not committed to his lessons.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
i had a terrible 4 units teacher in year 12 as well. i would normally complain with the head teacher, but... my 4unit teacher is actually the head teacher as well. try finding a tutor.

TheFeared

HSC
Mine is head teacher too. I have a tutor but its like a group and everyone is doing something different so theres not much 1 on 1 time

K

khorne

Remember, it's a lot easier to blame others for you faults...I'm not saying you're bad at maths, but perhaps you could try this.

After you go home, open up your 4U textbook, read the relevant points, read through the examples, do the questions and if you have any problems or don't understand something google it (for a concept) or post here (or on another maths forum) for a solution.

While a teacher is somewhat important, it's not the end all if you get a bad one...I believe that a guy on bos actually did the 4U HSC a year later, studying by himself.

mioumiou

HSC
Remember, it's a lot easier to blame others for you faults...I'm not saying you're bad at maths, but perhaps you could try this.

After you go home, open up your 4U textbook, read the relevant points, read through the examples, do the questions and if you have any problems or don't understand something google it (for a concept) or post here (or on another maths forum) for a solution.

While a teacher is somewhat important, it's not the end all if you get a bad one...I believe that a guy on bos actually did the 4U HSC a year later, studying by himself.
+1
Btw, do you mean yourself? If yes, that's a really good way to study maths by yourself!

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
lol i remember my p.e. teacher saying when you point at someone and blame them (like, literally point at them with your finger) there's always 3 fingers pointing back at you :D

Deathless

HSC

That sounds easier then done...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)