what do i drop?????? (1 Viewer)

bubblesss

HSC
hey guys,

i'm not sure what subject i should drop.

i'm doing
adv eng (final)
maths 3u (final)
maths 4u (final)
chem (final)
biology(final)
i'm deciding on physics or ancient???????
i'm doing better in physics than ancient and i just hate ancient so should i drop it?????? but on the other hand will 3 sciences be hard to do together??????

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Drop Ancient History if you hate it and you're doing better in Physics.

ratcher0071

HSC
bubblesss said:
hey guys,

i'm doing
adv eng (final)
maths 3u (final)
maths 4u (final)
chem (final)
biology(final)
i'm doing better in physics than ancient and i just hate ancient so should i drop it?????? but on the other hand will 3 sciences be hard to do together??????
Just drop ancient. Love physics :D

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
definitely do the phys and drop ancient.

3 sciences won't be too bad, they might even help each other! and besides, they're all quite different in terms of what you have to study for hsc, so it'll just be like taking 3 different subjects.

starryXnite

HSC
drop ancient and do physic if u dont like ancient
im sure u ll do better with a subject u like and do better in then a subject do dont realli like and not doin as well in...

youngminii

Banned
HSC
bubblesss said:
hey guys,

i'm doing
adv eng (final)
maths 3u (final)
maths 4u (final)
chem (final)
biology(final)
Science will be easier if you do all 3, since they're all inter-related
Drop Ancient, NAO

loosh

HSC
you pretty much answered ur own question obviously if u are going better in physics than ancient and u hate ancient, then drop it

ASNSWR127

HSC
yeah keep physics

Mind you I have been outstandingly lucky to have one of the best teachers I can imagine for physics which may influence my feelings somewhat...

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Keep Physics - 3 sciences can actually be very beneficial - as with Ancient - there's a lot of content to remember and it'll be hard to remember stuff - if you're not interested in it - and with History - if you don't remember something - you're stuffed.

5233andy

HSC
the-derivative said:
Keep Physics - 3 sciences can actually be very beneficial - as with Ancient - there's a lot of content to remember and it'll be hard to remember stuff - if you're not interested in it - and with History - if you don't remember something - you're stuffed.
In what way? I chose three science subjects mainly because all other subjects available are simply beyond my interest. Further, they're somewhat interesting... that is, if the teacher can teach.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
5233andy said:
In what way? I chose three science subjects mainly because all other subjects available are simply beyond my interest. Further, they're somewhat interesting... that is, if the teacher can teach.
They're beneficial - because they widen all opportunities for you in University. If a uni has pre-requisites for their science based subject - you've satisfied all the requirements for a wide range of subject.

I would've dont all 3 subjects - but I don't plan on doing a science degree in UNI.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
bubblesss said:
hey guys,

i'm doing
adv eng (final)
maths 3u (final)
maths 4u (final)
chem (final)
biology(final)
Doing 3 sciences is bloody tough. But it depends on individuals. I would suggest you drop Physics though...

But what are you results/interests?

bubblesss

HSC
lyounamu said:
Doing 3 sciences is bloody tough. But it depends on individuals. I would suggest you drop Physics though...

But what are you results/interests?
yep i know.

i'm ranked 3 or 4/52 for physics now and 10/58 for ancient. however for ancient i never study just a few hours b4 the xm and i find it sooooo boring (maybe coz of the triple periods which kill us). i'm really not sure what to do???????? i'd be really happy to continue physics but many people say 3 sciences is too much along with 4 unit maths!!!!!!!!!!!!

ratcher0071

HSC
To bubblesss

drop ancient, you have to remember dates, people, etc ..........

Physics is better. In another thread, people have said that 3 sciences are related, so it will be easier.

I'm not sure about 4unit maths

Work Hard **nervous smile**

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
bubblesss said:
yep i know.

i'm ranked 3 or 4/52 for physics now and 10/58 for ancient. however for ancient i never study just a few hours b4 the xm and i find it sooooo boring (maybe coz of the triple periods which kill us). i'm really not sure what to do???????? i'd be really happy to continue physics but many people say 3 sciences is too much along with 4 unit maths!!!!!!!!!!!!
why not consider the options of dropping both then?

But if you like all your subjects, why not? I will personally be doing 13 units too next year with distinction and 4 unit maths which are extremely challenging courses.

Drop ancient then...(since you like physics and you got higher mark in physics)

bubblesss

HSC
lyounamu said:
why not consider the options of dropping both then?

But if you like all your subjects, why not? I will personally be doing 13 units too next year with distinction and 4 unit maths which are extremely challenging courses.

Drop ancient then...(since you like physics and you got higher mark in physics)
i think i am going to drop ancient. i can't drop both coz then i wont have a subject as a backup (incase i stuff up 1 of my subjects, so just to be safe).
thanks~~~

bubblesss

HSC
ratcher0071 said:
To bubblesss

drop ancient, you have to remember dates, people, etc ..........

Physics is better. In another thread, people have said that 3 sciences are related, so it will be easier.

I'm not sure about 4unit maths

Work Hard **nervous smile**
yep yep thanks:uhhuh: :uhhuh: :uhhuh: :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)