What do the teachers think of ur year? (1 Viewer)

karnoganguli

HSC
Our teachers reckon we'll be the worst year since 1995 (in our school) and mainly because english is way below average... i innitially thought they just said that to make us work. Sadly, it reflects in our first assessment- we average 15/25 in english as compared to 2006's average of 20/25. Aparently our test was easy too. Jeez.

What about ur yr? Tipped to rip the HSC or burn the good reputation of ur school?

G

gaoOO

our year apparently achieved good results for School Cert, but i don't think that's such a good indication of what we'll get in the HSC. It's true that our year has more people picking the well scaled subjects though.

karnoganguli

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Supposedly a good year, which I do believe is true if we actually do the work :p
Lol. I think its the same for us (our teachers would agree)... we have a bad work ethic. There's something truly wrong. I guess all the sport imports is diminishing the academic arena...

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
The funny thing is teachers probably say this every year, simply because they can get away with it and use it as a possible motivational tool.

ybnormal

The depths of my mind are the safest places
HSC
hehehehehe, oh dear :)
our school HATES my yr :)
newaz, all our school lives, well, at least since yr 5, weve been compared with the yr above quite unfavourably. (tho, this was not without some merits, their results came in the top 200, just beyond 100)
newaz, this yr, i dunno if this is true or yet another ploy to make us work, quite a number of our teacher s said they felt we were smarter than the yr above us, just a hell of a lot lazier.
yeah, they also say were the most cohesive yr, but one of the worst to the teachers (this yr we lost our place as the worst to the yr8s<shudders>). i have to agree, its a case of live and let live and lets make life hell for certain teachers whilst we are at it :D

teachers dont deserve respect, they gotta earn it, and we honestly arent that tough on them! most pass the grade, the bigoted, stupid, homophobes etc, do not :)

Chocolat

HSC
I don't really know what teachers think of our year to be honest :S. They leave that sort of chat for the teacher's staffroom, which is strictly off limit to the students, obviously. Though, from my personal opinion, I think that our year has definitely some girls that will absolutely shine and ultimately kill the HSC. And that's...about 6 or 7 girls. I think that if they keep going the way that they're currently going, they're definitely going to get a Premier's Award and a notable UAI. I think our year will improve on our performance this year...particularly in Visual Arts....my goodness some of those girls can draw....!
But then again...the majority of girls in our year...hmmm.
I just hope...and I think that I can do it...to get a UAI above 90. I would be SO happy if that would happen...

Beege

HSC
one word: disgraceful

alot of dickheads in my year haha

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Our year has both ends of the scale - a lot of people who will drop out or get kicked out and there are a few people who will massacre the HSC. We ahve a really bad work ethic, but we are fairly smart. We have one of the biggest 4U Maths candidatures in years and an above average amount of 4U English students as well. Out of around 80 people who will finish, I predict around 9-10 90+ UAIs and one guy who will get 100 (there is no doubt about that - he is amazing). I hope that comes true - this year's HSCers were shockers - 3 above 90 and the highest was 92.

Overall though, I'd say we are above average, but not as good as the 2 years below us are. But every rule has its exceptions.

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
We're pretty good cuz we're proactive (fundraising, sporting, volunteering etc) and always getting praised for something by other people so we get invited everywhere. We should do alright in the HSC. There's heaps of unique people with awesome talents and some smart cookies. But then yeh you get a few jerks.

The year below us EVERYONE hates them. I'd be so :vcross: if we work really hard lobbying, making rules, painting, buying stuff for the room (cuz the prinicpal won't let us have a common room without figuring out every single little detail) and actually get a common room and then to pass it to them!

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
Well generally our year (120+) is seen as lazy with a poor work ethic, but a few of us are set to kill the HSC. I think they have more hope for the year below us :).

maddy_d

Taper Jean Girl
HSC
our teachers think we all have alot of potential. but most of us just bludge along....they try to push us but its not really working. we only have about 70 in our year so its good and most of us all hang out together. all the "dickheads" left either at the end of year ten or this year, so its good and we get some fairly decents marks and stuff....so i think they are hoping we will do them proud this year. whether we can be bothered is a totally different matter :p

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Our Chemistry teacher compares us to a big bowl of porridge just cause we never ask or answer any questions. I don't think he realises we're just dumb as opposed to being shy.

Sofstar

HSC
Our grade isnt generally bright, more known for talented people in extra curricular, but our grade studies. According to some people we're either really dumb or really smart. Ergh.

tillytilly

HSC
Maaan the teachers love my grade. We're all awesome, basically. Nah, really, most of us will just put in the hard work and we've never caused trouble or anything so we're legends.

HSC
We've been told we are in danger of making our school rank go down..sadly the grade above has decreased out rank incredibly! And they are depending on us to get some better funding by increasing hte rank again...but our grade is already doing badly in assessments :S

IceOnFire

HSC
Teachers LOVE my year because we are the first selective stream.

I also believe my year is the dominant year in my school, so go us. :D

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
uh ;
well people have said that our year doesnt have as many gifted people , but as a whole we perform really well - so hopefully aligning will do quite a bit this year =]

doing well altogether is a lot better than having a few gifted ones , and a number of people not doing so well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)