what do you do when... (1 Viewer)

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
use them as your motivation.

[/cliche]

sobb, complain and stress about it. its what i do. then i just get used to it. But seriously, this is your chance to use them as a goal. Try and beat them, as hard as that is (seriously I know). But why create some bad thoughts or feelings when you can create positive ones right ?

or

Befriend them, know how they do things, THEN stab them in the back.

I advise you do the latter if your cold hearted and really are all about study marks and therefore, go right ahead.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Danger said:
one smart person tops every class you're in?
Man up, Son.

No matter how smart or good you are, there will always be someone better than you. Sometimes it's somebody not better than you, just somebody who has something you want. For example, Mike Tyson/Lennox Lewis could never Challenge Mohammed Ali for his title as the "Greatest of all time" no matter what they do. It's just the way it is, learn to deal with it.

(Put it this way, in Tokyo, Hong Kong and Seoul the average IQ is higher than ours by about 8 Points. The person who does average in those schools is probably smarter than the both of you guys put together.)

Danger

HSC
the sad thing is i do tutoring and she doesnt and she still beats me

undalay

HSC
sam04u said:
(Put it this way, in Tokyo, Hong Kong and Seoul the average IQ is higher than ours by about 8 Points. The person who does average in those schools is probably smarter than the both of you guys put together.)
98-108 iq is not a big difference compared to 90-100 iq. Brilliance only shows itself in the top 2 percentiles, everyone else rather similar.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Well if we're going to get into detail. A really high percentage of Australian citizens are the Elderly (Which may account for the lower averages.)

But, I think it does make a difference in terms of the bell-curve.

undalay

HSC
Lets say an average korean has 108 iq, and lets say about 20% of the population has higher IQ then this. So doesn't that mean 1/5 would be smarter then him ?

So how likely is it that this average person be smarter than one that tops every class. This is assuming school has a direct link between schools.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Danger said:
one smart person tops every class you're in?
Have a cry, there is always someone who is better than you.

And a higher IQ does not necessarily mean that they're going to perform better than you in the HSC.

ccc123

HSC
simonloo said:

And a higher IQ does not necessarily mean that they're going to perform better than you in the HSC.
What he said. Or, as others have mentioned, use them as your motivation.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
yeah i know what you're saying.

all you can do is use them as your motivation to top them.

or else be happy being 2nd :)

Zephyrio

HSC
Ummmmmmmm.

Why don't you just put him/her out of your head.

And focus on doing YOUR personal best.

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
simonloo said:

Thank you for knowing the difference between then and than. ;)

cccclaire

HSC
yeh, my best friend comes first in every single subject, and we do the exact same subjects =/
But it doesn't bother me too much, I'd rather come second to her then second to someone I hate.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Befriend them and ask them how they study and what works for them. Use them a goal because nothing will motivate you like a good challenge.

Last edited:

Danger

HSC
I think she just reads textbooks and do exercises from them, as she is always going on about textbooks in class lol

Helpme!!!!!!!

HSC
N/A
You have a couple of options...

one. work harder- competition is good motivation. But your friend is anything like the person i'm in the same situation in then that's impossible.

two. get used to coming second. Second is a nice number... so is third for that matter.:) THINK OF ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ARE BELOW YOU ANYWAY... they don't like people who do well whinging...

And that's about all there is to do!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)