What do you think? (1 Viewer)

Fault

HSC
What do you think that fashion could improve on (particularly brands)? I reckon that brands lack detail in their designs. And what area or style that fashion could improve on? I think that wallets could be better improved, I can't seem to find anything I like!!

Fault

HSC
Malfoy said:
More realistic sizing.
Very true. It's also really annoying how different brands have different sizes. One day you're a size 8, the next you're a size 12. -_-''

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
Malfoy said:
More realistic sizing.

i'd have to agree with you 100% on that. im sick of seeing only size 6 and 8 pants in every store rather than atleast a size 10 or 12.

HSC
N/A
a) More shoe brands need to cater to size 5's. We actually exist. What constantly frustrates me at shoe sales is that there are always HEAPS of size 6-9. But very few size 5's... come on! There is a market! CATER TO THEM FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!

b) In regards to handbags, I'd prefer to see more with longer straps. Not heaps long, but one that you can get your elbow through with a minimum of problems, and also one that doesn't force the bag to sit right under/in your armpit. It doesn't look good, and I'm sure it doesn't feel good either. I for one am always trying to find handbags with a decently-sized strap and I gotta say, whilst they do exist they are in the minority... even though they are more practical AND aesthetically pleasing!

c) I hate all the tops these last few seasons that are REALLY long, they could almost be a dress. The hipster-lengthed top was ok... but the "bottom of butt" length top is just kinda silly in my opinion. They make people's legs look shorter (unless you're a 6 foot model and can get away with anything), and for petite people like me, we either have to avoid them entirely/spend $$ or time altering to make them shorter/look absolutely ridiculous.

G

Gavvvvvin

I which they would make jeans to cater for the regular joe-sixpack like myself. Fuck off with all this stained/torn/flared bullshit.

HSC
N/A
Actually, the normal 'faded' on middle upper thigh is very flattering...

Although I can see how the whole torn/deconstructed thing could get annoying if it's not your thing (it's not really my thing either, I *puffyheart* JeansWest for usually having a nice wide range of jeans, including classic cuts in stretch denim)

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
glitterfairy said:
c) I hate all the tops these last few seasons that are REALLY long, they could almost be a dress. The hipster-lengthed top was ok... but the "bottom of butt" length top is just kinda silly in my opinion. They make people's legs look shorter (unless you're a 6 foot model and can get away with anything), and for petite people like me, we either have to avoid them entirely/spend $$ or time altering to make them shorter/look absolutely ridiculous.
thankyou for saying that on my behalf :)

-------------------------------------------------

- a large range of jeans for petite people.. .. there’s a promising market out there for people with shorter legs :D

- boots for people with larger calf

- shops with trademarked design so no crappy intimidation and similar stuff everywhere

- better lining in handbags/tote

frootloop

HSC
I know eh! What the heck is up with all the extremely long tops all of a sudden?

It was good that they brought out tops in longer lengths (particularly since the waists of pants was lowering) but seriously it's ridiculous how long they are now!

HSC
N/A
Mm... supre/glassons etc do have really skinny sizing. (I haven't shopped there since I was in like, yr 8 for that very reason... I want my clothes to fit! I sure as hell ain't no almost-prepubescent-girl!)

G

genavania

yeah its pretty gross seeing muffin tops and coinslots due to too high tops and too long jeans but im sure there is a happy medium.

what i dont like about fashion is that every so often the fashion changes to popularise all the little neiche fashions. it used to be hippy clothes and now its emo. and the poor hippys and emos who used to wear their stuff to be different now are called just the usuall teeny bop fashion victims.

as to the handbags i made one the other day out of the top of a pair of jeans. u just cut it and sew it up. ive put ribbons and badges and stuff on it and it looks pretty fun. and a nice long strap.

lol supre.. and they get not size 6 people to work there wearing size 6 clothes. its a little yuk.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
What the hell is with jeans always being too long. I'm not short but I have NEVER ( i mean never ever ever) managed to find a pair of jeans or pants that don't need to be hemmed. Esp if they're bootcuts, they end up being straight legs when I hem them up. :mad: :mad: We aren't all Giselle Bundchens!

HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
What the hell is with jeans always being too long. I'm not short but I have NEVER ( i mean never ever ever) managed to find a pair of jeans or pants that don't need to be hemmed. Esp if they're bootcuts, they end up being straight legs when I hem them up. :mad: :mad: We aren't all Giselle Bundchens!
Amen, sister.

Skeeta

HSC
a) Cuts of clothes should be better. I've bought so many tops, just to go home an have mum run the seams in.

b) more "classics" to be available. I searched for weeks to find a classic fitted collared shirt for work (i thought it would be easy) but noooo....

c) BRA's oh this is my biggest pain in the arse ever. Bra's should be made in a size 6 and 8. Bra sizes should be available from AA-ZZ and every size inbetween. I have such problems trying to find perfectly fitting bra's. I'm a 8dd which is never ever made, so i have to settle for 10d or 12c which makes me cry because they dont fit good. Oh so many times i've walked out of myer/bra's n things crying :(

/rant

salsydney

HSC
i agree with the lack of classics... i want to buy a classic white shirt, and the ultimate black work trousers... to no avail. I remember last year looking ALL over the place for a standard white shirt, ended up finding it in target? how odd. imagine my tears when the shirt was placed in bleach for too long, and it started coming apart... yet to find another classic...

Skeeta

HSC
sukiyaki said:
cue dont fit me its too big :(
may i ask wher you shop then? i mean i'm a size 6-8 and i have enough trouble

is there like a secret tiny-person shop i'm not aware of?

Lainee

HSC
Fault said:
What do you think that fashion could improve on (particularly brands)?
I hate the 'unfinished' sorta scrappy look to clothes that seems to be the identifying trend since the late 90s. Fraying, ripped hems, holes, fading, baggy-ness, slouchy etc. Fashion students in 2080 are going to look back and identify the 00s as the era of untidiness. Cut that shaggy hair damnit, hem those jeans, buy clothes that fit instead of being over or undersized, wear a bra girls, stop underwear peaking out of clothes and wash clothes at least once in a while! :lol: :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)