What do you think? (1 Viewer)

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
ok alot of ppl might know my subjects (if not they are)
-Ext 1 Maths (accell 2u)
-Phys
-Chem
-Bio
-A.Eng
-SOR1
that is 12 units (14 with the 2 hsc units)
i am pickn up 4u maths and dont want 2 drop ne of my sciences (and cant drop SOR1 grrr) im also considering picking up ext 1 english in yr 12??? that will leave me with 14units (12 completed 2u)
is that 2much...
should i pick up ext1 english???

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
JamiL said:
ok alot of ppl might know my subjects (if not they are)
-Ext 1 Maths (accell 2u)
-Phys
-Chem
-Bio
-A.Eng
-SOR1
that is 12 units (14 with the 2 hsc units)
i am pickn up 4u maths and dont want 2 drop ne of my sciences (and cant drop SOR1 grrr) im also considering picking up ext 1 english in yr 12??? that will leave me with 14units (12 completed 2u)
is that 2much...
should i pick up ext1 english???
4u maths + 3u eng + sor1 + 3 sciences = lot of work.

remember why you are picking some of the subjects, enjoyment or better uai? if you are doing a subject that doesnt fit the criteria, then reconsider doing it perhaps...

i'd say that you'd have a really good chance of getting band 6 for sor1, it is very easy compared to your abilities. that or maybe even consider doing catholic studies, but i dont know if your school offers that...its a religion subject that has no uai bearings.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
"is that 2much..."
you'll find out soon won't you :p

dynamic22

Future Dictator
HSC
hehe, and i was considering droppin 2u maths coz my legal and drama subjects needed more attention and this person is talkin about extention subjects

awww stupid public schools

= Jennifer =

HSC
there is alot of work in three unit english it does take time and effort as you do all the work, there is alot of research and reading and if your taking up 4 unit maths which is a high demand course i would advise you not to pick up three unit english

hope this helps make your decision ;)

mandy_angel18

HSC
WOW, in case u don't know we only need 10 units!Wat's the point of spending time to do all diff subjects where in the end only 5 of those we'll b counted.I think it's better for u to concentrate on ur chosen subjects mayb 12 units is enuff so u can stuff up one and it won't matter.I was thinking of picking up new subjects but then agen even if i pick up subject i like e.g. legal studies its not like i'm gonna b a lawyer after the hsc.i can do it at uni and actually bcum a lawyer!

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
what subjects can actually be picked up?

cos i thought most of the courses except ext.2 and ome other ext. cant be picked up bcoz they are 2 year courses?

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I wouldn't recommend picking up ext1 because like u have sooo many subjects and not all of them will count anyway + ext1 is a 2 yr course so you'll have to do some catch-up work, well at least thats the way it is in my school...but yeh like someone else said whats the point of doing so many subjects if only 10 are going to count?

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
... it is dependent on your school .. somemay allow to pick up on the grounds you catch up on the work .. our school wouldnt allow though .. and it is better to just keep on going with your old subs

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
so which subs can u actually pick up?

is it possible to pick up a 2 unit subject like art or something? or not..

i really wish i didn;t drop art before. ><"

one more thing..

im doing extension english mainly so that i can do ext.2 english...

what happens if i don't try at all in ext.1 english and focus on my other subs.. each english is totally diff right ?

can i drop ext.1 in the middle of the year and still keep ext.2? -_-"

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Seriously?

Or did you mean "can't"?

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
if i wanted to now.. could i pick up a two unit subject like art now?

because i think it is a 2 year course ><"

or else i must keep physics..! *screams* xD~

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
so does tt mean i have to like do ALL the yr 11 work? and also do all the tests and stuff?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)