What does it take to get at least 99 ATAR? And would it still be achievable for me? (1 Viewer)

irenefu

HSC
Does anyone know the the approximate mark, internal rank, and school rank of students who usually get an ATAR of 99.
That being said, would 99 be achievable with my following marks (provided I score these marks in externals):
** school rank : 100-150.

Advanced English : 82% (14/69)
Economics : 95% (2/39)
Legal Studies: 96% (1/59)
3U maths : 88% (7/75)
4U maths : approx 76% (rank unknown, but half yearlies was 14/26)

Thanks!

JasonG123

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: What does it take to get at least 99 ATAR? And would it still be achievable for m

With those marks yes, with those ranks no. Unfortunately, marks mean little, but you can draw encouragement from the fact that if your school sets and marks to the HSC standard, you can achieve your goal.

However, your Ext 2 exams are probably too easy if 14/26 is getting 76%.

D94

HSC
N/A
Re: What does it take to get at least 99 ATAR? And would it still be achievable for m

There's no set criteria, but for a school ranked outside of the top 50, you'd want to be ranked first or second in all your subjects to have any chance at 99+. And even then, you'd want to achieve mid Band 6's in your subjects.

irenefu

HSC

With those marks yes, with those ranks no. Unfortunately, marks mean little, but you can draw encouragement from the fact that if your school sets and marks to the HSC standard, you can achieve your goal.

However, your Ext 2 exams are probably too easy if 14/26 is getting 76%.
ahh okay. do you mind if I show email you some of our school's past 4u trial papers, and see if they're up to hsc standard? I do suspect that the exams are too easy, considering I only spend half an hour on it each week, and then max 1 hour a day in the weeks leading up to assesment tasks- yet I still get a decent mark.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad

There's no set criteria, but for a school ranked outside of the top 50, you'd want to be ranked first or second in all your subjects to have any chance at 99+. And even then, you'd want to achieve mid Band 6's in your subjects.
That's a bit right, probably top ~120 or so can have top 3-4 all round.

theloorloor

HSC
N/A

with your ranks and school rank.

I highly doubt you'll get over 88.

darkphoenix

HSC

with your ranks and school rank.

I highly doubt you'll get over 88.
lol Op will definitely get 90+, if you put 82 for every subject, that is already 90 something, despite of rank first in legal and eco and about 40% of state gets band 5 in english Adv
but 99+ is not really possible at this stage unless you getting 95+ for every subjects in HSC to average your school assessment marks (where they depend on your ranks --> drag you down)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)