What Does It Take To State Rank These Subjects And Achieve An ATAR Of 99+? (1 Viewer)

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
Howdy! 🤠

I’m not aiming for any state ranks, more just curious, and I can’t really find a straightforward answer. For the subjects below, what School Assessment Marks and Raw HSC Exam Marks are required to state rank?
  • Biology
  • Business Studies
  • Chemistry
  • English Advanced
  • Studies Of Religion II
Bonus Question: I don’t really understand how scaling works and I’m not interested in knowing how it works because it is how it is, but approximately what marks range (I’d prefer a mark range as set marks are more annoying to aim for imo) would I need to aim for in each of the above subjects to achieve an ATAR of 99+?

Thanks in advance!!

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Howdy! 🤠

I’m not aiming for any state ranks, more just curious, and I can’t really find a straightforward answer. For the subjects below, what School Assessment Marks and Raw HSC Exam Marks are required to state rank?
  • Biology
  • Business Studies
  • Chemistry
  • English Advanced
  • Studies Of Religion II
Bonus Question: I don’t really understand how scaling works and I’m not interested in knowing how it works because it is how it is, but approximately what marks range (I’d prefer a mark range as set marks are more annoying to aim for imo) would I need to aim for in each of the above subjects to achieve an ATAR of 99+?

Thanks in advance!!
idk but ur gonna cry with bio trust

carrotsss

HSC
Overall raw marks needed for 99 ATAR in these subjects
English: 89
Chemistry: 87
Biology: 84
Business studies: 92
SOR2: 93

if u want to check any more you can just go into ‘reverse mode’ in my ATAR calc

obviously you’ll do better in some subjects and worse in others but it can cancel out

state rank is usually just high 90s in each subject

Last edited:

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
idk but ur gonna cry with bio trust
i already cry with bio wdym :)

Overall raw marks needed for 99 in these subjects

obviously you’ll do better in some subjects and worse in others but it can cancel out

thank youuuu

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Overall raw marks needed for 99 in these subjects

no way it’s that low

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
Howdy! 🤠

• Biology
  • Business Studies
  • Chemistry
  • English Advanced
  • Studies Of Religion II

Thanks in advance!!
state ranks are around (+/- 1):
  • Biology - 97
  • Business Studies - 98
  • Chemistry - 97
  • English Advanced - 98
  • Studies Of Religion II - 97
these are aligned marks btw, raw marks depend on difficulty of hsc exam

dumNerd

HSC
Howdy! 🤠

• Biology
  • Business Studies
  • Chemistry
  • English Advanced
  • Studies Of Religion II

Thanks in advance!!
practice and luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)