WHAT does Module B require us to do (1 Viewer)

wild_rose

HSC
I realised that I'm not getting good marks for this module because I don't understand what they module is requiring us to do.
I'm also doing an uncommon texts- Orwell, so searching stuff on Google's not helping.
I understand that we're suppose to write about what they author says and how they're saying but that's as far as I've got.

thanks in advance!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Module B is your critical study of text - iirc. It's where the analysis is at its most pure form. In Module B, you tell them how the techniques they use in the text make the text a good one.

So... I did speeches. And I said stuff like how the rhetorical techniques contributed to an emotionally engaging speech that transcends its context and that's why it's still relevant today despite it being delivered 20 years ago - or something.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I think the module B rubric explicitly requires you to talk about textual integrity.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
"Module B is designed to nurture enjoyment and appreciation of significant texts. The syllabus description of this module specifies that students develop a deep analytical and critical knowledge and understanding of one prescribed text, based on close study of that text. A detailed in-class analysis of the prescribed text in its entirety and how meaning is shaped in that text is central to the module. The ideas expressed in the text are explored through an analysis of construction, content and language, and an analysis of how the features of the text contribute to textual integrity. Discussing and evaluating notions of context and the perspectives of others amplifies the exploration of the ideas in the text, enabling a deeper and richer understanding."

Galladrim

HSC
"Module B is designed to nurture enjoyment and appreciation of significant texts. The syllabus description of this module specifies that students develop a deep analytical and critical knowledge and understanding of one prescribed text, based on close study of that text. A detailed in-class analysis of the prescribed text in its entirety and how meaning is shaped in that text is central to the module. The ideas expressed in the text are explored through an analysis of construction, content and language, and an analysis of how the features of the text contribute to textual integrity. Discussing and evaluating notions of context and the perspectives of others amplifies the exploration of the ideas in the text, enabling a deeper and richer understanding."
In translation, how all the various elements that make up the text i.e. form, language, characterisation etc(Techniques basically) create textual integrity.

Because you have textual integrity, text holds meaning.

Relate impact of context to the meaning that you derive :)

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
In translation, how all the various elements that make up the text i.e. form, language, characterisation etc(Techniques basically) create textual integrity.

Because you have textual integrity, text holds meaning.

Relate impact of context to the meaning that you derive :)
+1

remember textual integrity is the marriage of form and content.

HSC
on average, how many techniques/ quotes should we have per paragraph in this module? because of all modules, in this one i've followed a more ordered structure (like steel) more religiously then the others

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)