What exactly is studying? (1 Viewer)

jeffreylah

HSC
What would u say studying is? Do u think it includes Homework/Prep time, or just extra study outside of your daily school work..
And is 2 hours a day on school work, and 2hrs-3hrs a day on study outside of your daily school work enough?

Scorch

HSC
I would say that studying is just revising work you've learnt previously, so you can commit it to your long term memory. And as for time, I do 2 hours of study (notes, revision, reading) and probably about that in homework too. But it's flexible.

rhia

salty
HSC
jeffreylah said:
... is 2 hours a day on school work, and 2hrs-3hrs a day on study outside of your daily school work enough?
there's no definitive answer to this: what's good for one person isn't always good for another. you need to experiment to see what's good for you - what's going to be effective for you - trying to do what joe-bob did last year who got a 100 UAI might not neccessarily be the best way for you to study.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Why does it matter?
Just do all your work and revise things you have forgotten or are not familiar with.

machima

HSC
'Study' is subjective anyway. Some people may say that revising work is study, but then again some may think that just doing work in class and making sure thats up to date is study enough.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
jeffreylah said:
And is 2 hours a day on school work, and 2hrs-3hrs a day on study outside of your daily school work enough?
This is a question that you ask yourself, everyone needs different amounts of time to do work/study, some work for a few hours, some work for hours late into the night. You just have to decide for yourself what's enough.

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
Riviet said:
This is a question that you ask yourself, everyone needs different amounts of time to do work/study, some work for a few hours, some work for hours late into the night. You just have to decide for yourself what's enough.
yep that's me...I study smarter during the night, from about 10 pm till 1 in the morning...and I try finishing off my homework and assessments during the day.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
it depends what you need to do to keep concepts fresh in your head. personally i find that on school days i really don't have much time left for study when i'm done with homework/assessments, so i do lightish study on weekends and heavier revision before exams, etc...whatever works for you. some lucky people seem to cruise through with very little effort, others can't, so just do what you need.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I really don't have time to study because I have so many assessments due in the up coming weeks. I have been writing/typing notes so that I wont have to do it just before the trials, and I can just concentrate on studying in the holidays.

passion89

HSC
How do you guys study for english?
I think I'm going to start writing practice essays with questions I find and give them to my english teacher to mark. One essay a week I'll make it :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Studying is extra non-set work outside of school with the intent of memorising for latter recall in an exam. The best study methods are practicing example questions, making dot points etc.

EDIT: passion89 > Studying for English is best done with writing answers to essay type questions having it marked, reviewing and rewriting under exam conditions.

Last edited:

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
actually, set work in year 12 is study unless your teacher is retarded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)