what exactly is this subject all about? (1 Viewer)

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
What do you guys do?

How is the physical (if there is one) part of the whole thing measured?

What is the theory all about?

Miffy

There is no 'physical' part of PDHPE that is actually assessed/measured. PDHPE consists of all theory which is 2 core topics and the option of 2 from 5 topics to study (which expand from some areas of the cores).

Core one is called 'Health priorities in Australia' and consists of topics such as health priorities, improving australia's health, health promotion, health care facilities and services and the Ottawa Charter.

Core two is called 'Factors affecting performance' and has a bit of a physics aspect to it. We do topics such as training and performance, aerobic training, psychology and performance, nutrition and performance and skill acquisition.

We do some physical stuff VERY occasionally and this is only to test theories or show examples etc. It could be seen as the same as doing practical experiments in science i guess.

I'm not saying that you (Grey Council) think PDHPE is a bludge, but there are a lot of people who think all we do is muck around and play soccer or whatever. It's just like any other subject where you have to work pretty hard and i wish people wouldn't think of it as an 'easy' subject.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
wow that sounds interesting, but its it like compliated cos its also heavy theory based?

Last edited:

Miffy

Oh yeah i forgot about prelim. In prelim there was a bit more physical activity. When we did outdoor education in prelim we got to go to the NSW snow fields for a week. We camped in the snow and did cross country skiing. It was awesome!

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
oh camps cool!
too bad i cant do that course anymore. are you guys doing great in that subject?

Miffy

Originally posted by dark`secrets
oh camps cool!
too bad i cant do that course anymore. are you guys doing great in that subject?
I'm going okay i guess. In prelim i came 4th out of about 25, in my first assesment this year i got 95%, but yet to get half yearlies back (i don't have a good feeling about it though).

Why can't you do this course anymore??

sarah_

how about north sydney girls don't do any physical activities ever?
from sarah

AGB

HSC
Originally posted by Grey Council
What do you guys do?

How is the physical (if there is one) part of the whole thing measured?

What is the theory all about?

whoa, nice explanation. :)
Thanks for that

u r such a spammer :p ;)

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
ha!
a) you spammed by saying that
b) if you want, i'll delete this thread
c) I think this thread really IS useful. Look how many people have NO idea what this subject is about.

:)

oooh, btw, I don't spam. lol, ask the 4u admins, i start so many threads, then delete em all. ^__^
my post count would be like 1700 easy, but i delete most. hehe, so can't bust me there, mate. :D

AGB

HSC
ha!
c) I think this thread really IS useful. Look how many people have NO idea what this subject is about.

oooh, btw, I don't spam. lol, ask the 4u admins, i start so many threads, then delete em all. ^__^
my post count would be like 1700 easy, but i delete most. hehe, so can't bust me there, mate. :D
dun worry mate...i was only joking...

i visit the 4u forum fairly frequently, and i know how helpful u r... :)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Miffy
I'm going okay i guess. In prelim i came 4th out of about 25, in my first assesment this year i got 95%, but yet to get half yearlies back (i don't have a good feeling about it though).

Why can't you do this course anymore??

in yr 12 atm so my subjects are chosen

massmon

PDHPE is awesome.

Mainly because i view it from a athletic point of view how to improve performance, what is "healthy", how to better one's health etc.

I love PDHPE, my teacher is the trainer for the Parramatta Eels,
give him a wrap.

If he reads this he'll get a massive head, big bugger.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
ha!

A habit you've picked up from buchanan no doubt :p

Mike iE

HSC
Hey massmon are you at Parramatta Marist and is the bodybuilder teacher Mr Said ?

Mike iE

HSC
He used to teach at my school, hes an absolute legend teacher !! and a tank too !! does he still drink protein shakes and eat that chicken stuff in class

mishka

HSC
N/A
I think I would have enjoyed PDHPE, but hating it in junior school dragged me away from it!!!

I do Community and Family Studies which has part PDHPE relation and other Home Ec (Child Studies) relations. Does anyone do PDHPE as well as CAFS? If so, do you find it similar or completely different???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)