• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

what Fashion Mags???????? (1 Viewer)

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
Hey i was just wandering what fashion mags everyone reads on this board or if u read any at all .Currently im obsessed wif what i call phat vogue being the british vogue and i also read american elle and teen vogue as they are the only good worth reading fashion magazines.do u agree wif me in saying that aus dosen't have a great supply of mags?

arrested development
HSC
None of them. They're bloody bollocks. My mum keeps buying me Vogue but I hate them all so much. Boooooooo!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I was gonna post something constructive in this thread but I think Malfoy has read my mind :p

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
I read alot of fashion magazines such as Oyster, Vogue Aust, Harpers Bazaar, Nylon, Yen, RUSSH, Allure, NewWoman, Vanity Fair. I know, its a waste of money but i read them all anyway on the train when i got to Uni. I should just buy a friggen ipod nano.

salsydney

HSC
i read shop till you drop... absolutely love it, it shows you the current stuff, as well as where to find it..

HSC
N/A
I love InStyle. I'm not quite earning enough money to buy the stuff in there I like, but when I do...:D:D:D

I used to buy Harper's Bazaar and Vogue to oggle all the designer clothing (gorgeous... but couldn't afford any of them), also bought Shop Till You Drop once (somewhat useful but not as useful to me as InStyle).

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Lainee said:
I subscribe to a shitload of magazines... RUUSH, Vogue Australia, Vogue UK, Harpers Bazaar, InStyle, Vanity Fair and ELLE UK.
Omg, renewing all of them must cost a fortune :eek:

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
but omg, how on earth do u have the time to read THEM ALL?! its so timeconsuming!

I read: harpersbazaar, vogue, russh, cream, shoptiludrop, UK vogue is super good

bubble_spasm

HSC
i get like EVERYTHING..vogue Aust, Paris, british..Bazaar, Harpers and Bazaar, Shop Till You Drop has stuff more for our age, hate cleo and cosmo they copy vogue too much, madison (more for your mum), RUSSH (only comes out every season) ....is there any other good ones ive missed out on?!?!

arrested development
HSC
bubble_spasm said:
i get like EVERYTHING..vogue Aust, Paris, british..Bazaar, Harpers and Bazaar, Shop Till You Drop has stuff more for our age, hate cleo and cosmo they copy vogue too much, madison (more for your mum), RUSSH (only comes out every season) ....is there any other good ones ive missed out on?!?!
Ummm why would you get UK Vogue and French Vogue and then also get all those other Australian fashion magazines? They just copy anyway...

shyr

HSC
vogue... and i buy cosmo every month. i love being posted on the latest trends and fashion. makes me know what to wear and not feel outdated with my outfits.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
shyr said:
makes me know what to wear and not feel outdated with my outfits.
sorry, but why bother? who cares if you dont look like you just fell off the catwalk or not.

personally, the only mag i used to get was girlfriend...but i got really bored with it. its just really annoying and stupid 14yr old ogm-wtf-iz-seks-n-ogm-i-tink-im-preggie-caus-my-bf-touched-my-boob crap with shit 'pop' music and "fashion" which i'd rather kick in the head than listen to/wear

Lundy

Banned
HSC
shyr said:
makes me know what to wear and not feel outdated with my outfits.
god forbid you get caught wearing something from *SHOCK HORROR* last season!!! you'd never be able to show your face in polite society again :rolleyes:

frootloop

HSC
alby said:
ogm-i-tink-im-preggie-caus-my-bf-touched-my-boob
lol! How stupid would you have to be to think that! :rofl: There are a lot of very clueless girls out there...

Yeah, fashion magazines are a bit of a waste. Much rather spend my money on clothes rather than pictures of them.

Ellie_Belly

HSC
alby said:
sorry, but why bother? who cares if you dont look like you just fell off the catwalk or not.

personally, the only mag i used to get was girlfriend...but i got really bored with it. its just really annoying and stupid 14yr old ogm-wtf-iz-seks-n-ogm-i-tink-im-preggie-caus-my-bf-touched-my-boob crap with shit 'pop' music and "fashion" which i'd rather kick in the head than listen to/wear
Haha, and Dolly too.

So funny.

So crappy.

kahlilouise

HSC
Um, i buy the Rolling Stone.

Cosmo and Cleo are good, but they are def. rising in price and are getting more ads than articles, so i don't get they much any more (just read my girlfriends!)

Always

HSC
Vogue Italia is the most underated fashion magazine, it's definitely the most unique and inspirational.

I also like Vogue Paris, because Carine Roitfeld is a brilliant woman.

US Vogue is good, even great, when Anna Wintour is in the right frame of mind, otherwise, it's just as overated as America.

But...Vogue Australia? What's that?

arrested development
HSC
kahlilouise said:
Um, i buy the Rolling Stone.
Yeah same. And the NME. And sometimes other music magazines. BOOOOOO TO FASHION MAGS!

Always

HSC
Lainee said:
If only I could read Italian and French...! But agreed with Vogue AU, not renewing subscription after this one ends.
I can't read a word of Italian!, and only very limited French. I like the two mags for the shoots/spreads, the clothes, and generally how they put outfits together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)