what happened to... (1 Viewer)

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Do you mean someone like George Clooney in Intolerable Cruelty with Catherine Zeta-Jones?

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
ok a lot of you are referring to a gentlemen as an upper class snob. what we mean is a guy who you know occasionally gives us flowers for no reasons, is spontaneous etc. the perfect man wouldNT be that defenintion of a gentlemen with -like azzie said- a good sex drive.
i agree with azzie, the guy has to have a good sex drive (though its not what its all about). but like...i dont want some street fighter, so to me, the perfect gentlemen would be a guy who protects me, stands up for, gives me flowers, surprises me with dinner and dates, pays for dinner or the movies, doesnt complain if he has to drive me home. he needs to be someone who respects and treats me like an equal, not someone who swears at me or threatens me. i want a man who is not afraid to get his hands dirty, but the touch of his hands on mine or on my cheek (whatever) make me feel a whole lot better etc. and that is my boyfriend summed up, and to me he is the perfect gentlemen.

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
pinkblinkbarbie said:
the perfect gentlemen would be a guy who protects me, stands up for, gives me flowers, surprises me with dinner and dates, pays for dinner or the movies, doesnt complain if he has to drive me home etc. and that is my boyfriend summed up, and to me he is the perfect gentlemen.
No, what you want is a soulless slave with a large pocket.

Where in there did you talk about personality or looks? You didn't.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
as you can see the definition of 'gentlemen' is subjective. i thought a gentlemen displayed all the qualities of someone with traditional upper class upbringing taught etiquette in all mannerisms with quick wit and charm aka george clooney in intolerable cruelty.

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
OS, why don't you put a full explanation and disclaimer in your signature? Then people would stop pestering you about that 'word-choice malfunction' (thank you, Janet Jackson, for introducing a new wave of easy expressions into the English language :p )

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
jumb said:

no. he doesnt have to have money, i just would like a guy who sometimes pays when we go out, and who doesnt mind when I pay. i dont care what he looks like, i just need to find him attractive, but i cant decsribe looks because i find different people attractive in different ways. ok personality, kind, generous, funny, loving, respectful, smart, romantic, caring and honest.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
pinkblinkbarbie said:
no. he doesnt have to have money, i just would like a guy who sometimes pays when we go out, and who doesnt mind when I pay. i dont care what he looks like, i just need to find him attractive, but i cant decsribe looks because i find different people attractive in different ways. ok personality, kind, generous, funny, loving, respectful, smart, romantic, caring and honest.
You don't see the point of my post. You're only saying this now to cover your arse and not make yourself look like a heartless bitch, I'm not saying you are. What I was trying to say, using your post, is that girls in general DON'T want the perfect gentlemen, and what they do want doesn't exist.

Attraction works in funny ways, and most girls wouldn't find the personality of your original 'perfect gentlemen' to be attractive. He would be boring and predictable. There would be no excitement in the girls life. The girl would eventually dump the guy or cheat on him. And in my oppinion, that is fair enough.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
jumb said:

beccaxx starts humming "girls dont like boys girls like cars and money"

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
im not trying to cover my ass, just simply explain what i meant, i dont give a shit if you all think im a heartless bitch, because you can think what you want im not trying to win friends

but if you see in one of my posts, i said what definention of a gentlemen we are referring to. we arent referring to the boring predictable, ugly, rich "gentlemen" that are from the 1900's. underdstand? thats why i gave my opinion of what we were talking about as a gentlemen, because i can hoenslty say that most women arent attracted to a real "gentlemen", so the girls saying gentlemen are obviously using the term badly

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
its ok pinkblinkbarbie....

i have the exact same hope/values 4 guys 2.

but i hav more personality things added to it... the way u described the guy is totally a dream dude.... but will he get as good as he gives? ie- do u deserve mr perfect? cos to marry mr perfect u gotta b his mrs!

transcendent

HSC
N/A
2: a manservant who acts as a personal attendant to his employer;

sounds like this is what they are after.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
pinkblinkbarbie said:
ok a lot of you are referring to a gentlemen as an upper class snob. what we mean is a guy who you know occasionally gives us flowers for no reasons, is spontaneous etc. the perfect man wouldNT be that defenintion of a gentlemen with -like azzie said- a good sex drive.
i agree with azzie, the guy has to have a good sex drive (though its not what its all about). but like...i dont want some street fighter, so to me, the perfect gentlemen would be a guy who protects me, stands up for, gives me flowers, surprises me with dinner and dates, pays for dinner or the movies, doesnt complain if he has to drive me home. he needs to be someone who respects and treats me like an equal, not someone who swears at me or threatens me. i want a man who is not afraid to get his hands dirty, but the touch of his hands on mine or on my cheek (whatever) make me feel a whole lot better etc. and that is my boyfriend summed up, and to me he is the perfect gentlemen.
Good description, It would be nice to have someone like that.Except he dosn't have to pay all the time.
Your a lucky girl pink:)

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
transcendent said:
2: a manservant who acts as a personal attendant to his employer;

sounds like this is what they are after.
hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

also pinky, i didnt see the start of that long post which ozgirl's quotes. i only saw what jumb quotes and thought it was the post in entireity.

i think all girls want the perfect gentleman.

and all boys want their perfect chic.

JGreenwood

Jeremy
HSC
has anyone ever gone on a date with a guy and he like bought mcdonalds? that would be fucking funny. and if he didn't pay at all. I hate those 13/14 year olds who go on 'dates' with their girlfriend with a big group of friends and they walk through the shopping centres blocking everything and all they do is have mcdonalds,see a movie and go home.

JGreenwood

Jeremy
HSC
beccaxx said:
hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

also pinky, i didnt see the start of that long post which ozgirl's quotes. i only saw what jumb quotes and thought it was the post in entireity.

i think all girls want the perfect gentleman.

and all boys want their perfect chic.
bahaha I have two perfect chicks. :D :D :uhhuh: :uhhuh:

Charlottegirl

HSC
Lhyviathan said:
Do you know where the expression "rule of thumb" comes from?

It was a decree passed by Lord Blackstone in Britain, that a man could not beat his wife with an implement thicker than his thumb (insert innuendo here), sometime during the 19th century...

That just goes to show that the beating of wives was very much condoned at the time...
I've heard that anecdote before but I'm suspicious of it, as a) I've heard it in a number of different versions, which firstly, reduces the credibility of each, and secondly, it seems more believable in some other contexts. eg. one version has it that this law was made in Anglo-Saxon times and b) it just doesn't seem to mesh well with a lot of Victorian culture, which was nothing if not genteel, and subtly anti-male in a lot of ways.

Of course, that's just suspicion; I don't know for sure. Do you know of any sources that talk about this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)